17 plate Actros 32xx Whats it like?

Looks like my lots new fleet will again be Mercs near the end of the year. :neutral_face:
So, what are they like now days? Gear box, steering, driver aids, comfort etc.
Whats crap, what is good?
Dare I ask. :laughing:
32T BTW.
Would have preferred Volvo but you cant have everything.

I drive a 26t 4 weeks old done 6k and Iā€™ve only just filled the add blue tank up from first fill :open_mouth:
if you get stream space cab with 6" tunnel or flat floor it has plenty of room and Iā€™ve got a fridge drawer and storage hammock
climate control , adaptive cruise lane departure
electric sunroof
Driving is way better than a MAN TGS with better turning circle
Gear box is better pulls away ok in 1st unlike arsetronic that needs written notice
exhaust brake is like throwing 4 anchors out :open_mouth:
Mirrors are good
Bad points
you donā€™t want to be a passenger as the seat is as hard as a church pew
steering is a little heavy compared to MAN
Grab handles are textured so if you slide down them they hurt your hands
at night if you have internal lights on then open and close door they go off so youā€™ve got to ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  for switch
Night heater sounds like steam train

blue estate:
I drive a 26t 4 weeks old done 6k and Iā€™ve only just filled the add blue tank up from first fill :open_mouth:
if you get stream space cab with 6" tunnel or flat floor it has plenty of room and Iā€™ve got a fridge drawer and storage hammock
electric sunroof
Gear box is better pulls away ok in 1st unlike arsetronic that needs written notice
Mirrors are good
Bad points
at night if you have internal lights on then open and close door they go off so youā€™ve got to ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  for switch

Dont sound to bad mate TBH, I was expecting worse especially with regards to the gearbox.
Dont mind the slightly heavy steering, my old knacker i drive at the moment is the same. Drove a 16 plate MAN TGS the other week and steering felt abit vague, unresponsive and it would wallow in corners unlike a Merc.
Cheers for the feedback.

blue estate:
electric sunroof
Mirrors are good
Bad points

When the lights are on press and hold the switch until it beeps, that stops the lights switching themselves off when you open and close the door

scottie0011:

blue estate:
electric sunroof
Mirrors are good
Bad points

When the lights are on press and hold the switch until it beeps, that stops the lights switching themselves off when you open and close the door

I will try that when I go back week after next as im on holiday next week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

scottie0011:

You can try but it probably wonā€™t work. Works on all our units up to 65 plates but the new ones have moved some functions into the computer. This is a useful one to move as with the old way if you didnā€™t know about the button press you were stuck unless someone told you or you read the manual. At least this way thereā€™s a chance you might happen across it. Not sure why theyā€™ve moved the night led lights into the computer though, what was wrong with the old button.

Terry T:

blue estate:

scottie0011:

You can try but it probably wonā€™t work. Works on all our units up to 65 plates but the new ones have moved some functions into the computer. This is a useful one to move as with the old way if you didnā€™t know about the button press you were stuck unless someone told you or you read the manual. At least this way thereā€™s a chance you might happen across it. Not sure why theyā€™ve moved the night led lights into the computer though, what was wrong with the old button.

I know itā€™s a pain !
and how many times when in bed have you turned the radio on trying to turn bunk light on :open_mouth: not good at 2am :imp: :imp: :imp:

blue estate:
and how many times when in bed have you turned the radio on trying to turn bunk light on :open_mouth: not good at 2am :imp: :imp: :imp:

So itā€™s not just me then :grimacing:

Once a week minimum :imp:

Worse still, you canā€™t turn it off from there, only up and down.

Or can you, I donā€™t know.

Terry T:

blue estate:

So itā€™s not just me then :grimacing:

Once a week minimum :imp:

Worse still, you canā€™t turn it off from there, only up and down.

Or can you, I donā€™t know.

Yep you can press top of button for 5 secs :wink: :grimacing:
Have you done the same with the sunroof button as well ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The newer single steer axle mercs steering is a bit on the firm side, but twin steers are equipped with a slightly unusual progressive steer system that is really light and quick for maneuvering and slower/heavier at speed. It does take a little while to get used to.
Gearboxes are reasonable, not the quickest and can get themselves confused every now and again, but they do have a nice kickdown.

Usual since time immorrial, have the potential to build a world class truck but always fall short.

mike68:
Usual since time immorrial, have the potential to build a world class truck but always fall short.

Gota be honest, if its better than a 16 reg TGS, il be happy! :grimacing: as I thought the TGS we had on hire was a fairly good motor.

Gembo:

mike68:

Gota be honest, if its better than a 16 reg TGS, il be happy! :grimacing: as I thought the TGS we had on hire was a fairly good motor.

I would be more happy to have the best of both
Drivers seat ,power steering (but not turning circle ) and radio from MAN with the rest of the Merc
And Arsetronic box thrown in bin [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
Have you done the same with the sunroof button as well ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Electric sunroof. Pfffftttt, I wish :astonished:

Terry T:

blue estate:

Electric sunroof. Pfffftttt, I wish :astonished:

What a shame ive got a one touch electric one :grimacing: :grimacing: one push of button and sun roof opens its self
and I bet you donā€™t have he full climate control heater as well then with 3 different air con settings :grimacing: :grimacing:

Now ur just bragging :smiley:

I thought ours were poverty spec until some poor sod on here a while back was complaining about not having air suspension on his seat. Now that is bloody cheap :astonished:

We have heated seats for some reason, never used it to be honest. Much prefer the leccy sunroof or improved climate control.

The display on my Actros is showing ā€œcurrently unavailableā€ on the audio & phone menu, any ideas on a fix.

wrighty1:
The display on my Actros is showing ā€œcurrently unavailableā€ on the audio & phone menu, any ideas on a fix.

Pass Iā€™ve not be at work this week

wrighty1:

We have a few 66plates doing that

nick2008:

wrighty1:

We have a few 66plates doing that

Maybe itā€™s a common issue then as this is a 66 plate, bluetooth still works from the dash buttons though.