50 mph speed limit

since the increase in the speed limit to 50 mph on single carriageways most of us crack on at 56 as much as possible, has anybody been prosecuted yet for doing this ?

A boat catcher once said…

…10% plus 2 is no 56 is it!

Lol what’s the rush it’s gets there when it gets there!

daddy pig:
since the increase in the speed limit to 50 mph on single carriageways most of us crack on at 56 as much as possible, has anybody been prosecuted yet for doing this ?

Not me and that’s all I care about. 50 mph isn’t safe on many roads anyway, a lot I still drive at 45 as I did when it was 40.
Can’t believe the amount of drivers that still drive at 40 and they aren’t the trolley dollies either.

daddy pig:
most of us crack on at 56 as much as possible

Er, do we? :confused:

Chris1207:

daddy pig:
most of us crack on at 56 as much as possible

Er, do we? :confused:

If it’s safe to do so YES!
Unless we are stuck behind some old plodder that’s hanging it out, looking to limp away later in the day with their Aldi bag… :neutral_face:

There’s some dual carriage ways I wouldn’t do 56mph Like the bit on the A41 in that’s as twisty as a mountain road

Can’t believe the amount of drivers that still drive at 40 and they aren’t the trolley dollies either.

Yep! That’s me. You’re not going to change anything!
There has not been anything official as in television and radio coverage or anything in the papers. It’s been instigated by transport bodies (RHA/FTA) and employers to get drivers to go faster for the same money thus pushing wages down.
When I get something official from DVLA stating that the speed limit has been increased that’s when I will get my foot down! Until then girlfriends, deal with it!

beanie:

There has not been anything official as in television and radio coverage or anything in the papers. It’s been instigated by transport bodies (RHA/FTA) and employers to get drivers to go faster for the same money thus pushing wages down.
When I get something official from DVLA stating that the speed limit has been increased that’s when I will get my foot down! Until then girlfriends, deal with it!

How about you check the Highway code? :open_mouth:

beanie:

I’ll have some of what you’ve been partaking of… :laughing:

beanie:

PUT YOUR GLASSES ON AND CLICK THIS LINK TO GOV.uk !!!
Limits changed April 2015 r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2cU … UnpX8DIQw-

blue estate:

beanie:

cant tell the old school nowt lol

scotstrucker:

blue estate:

beanie:

cant tell the old school nowt lol

Yep and he’s also in breach of his licence by not keeping up with current road traffic laws and highway code

No ■■■■■■ wonder theres so many snarl ups in the UK if some plod along at 65kph on an A road.
Last time i looked at UK law it was 10% +2mph which is 57mph or 91kph so youre safe to do that without a pull. Its got to be a real faff dawdling along but i suppose those that do this kind of thing get paid hourly and just dont care how long the job takes :unamused:

blue estate:
There’s some dual carriage ways I wouldn’t do 56mph Like the bit on the A41 in that’s as twisty as a mountain road

You’re joking? flat to the mat is no bother on that stretch, although the plodders do make for any easier overtake on that part.

mazzer:

blue estate:

You’re joking? flat to the mat is no bother on that stretch, although the plodders do make for any easier overtake on that part.

Not when I’m carrying 1ton a piece drums of cable

In Gateshead most of the duel carriageway are 50mph including the A1 which is now 3 lanes

AndrewG:
No [zb] wonder theres so many snarl ups in the UK if some plod along at 65kph on an A road.
Last time i looked at UK law it was 10% +2mph which is 57mph or 91kph so youre safe to do that without a pull. Its got to be a real faff dawdling along but i suppose those that do this kind of thing get paid hourly and just dont care how long the job takes :unamused:

I’m salaried, and dawdle along merrily and relaxed. Getting back to base 15 minutes earlier makes absolutely no difference to my day. I amuse myself by watching the impatient go-getters behind me repeatedly edging out behind my trailer, desperate to overtake. Imagining their blood pressure rising with every mile they are stuck behind me.

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:
No [zb] wonder theres so many snarl ups in the UK if some plod along at 65kph on an A road.

I’m salaried, and dawdle along merrily and relaxed. Getting back to base 15 minutes earlier makes absolutely no difference to my day. I amuse myself by watching the impatient go-getters behind me repeatedly edging out behind my trailer, desperate to overtake. Imagining their blood pressure rising with every mile they are stuck behind me.

On short haul work it probably doesnt make that much difference but long haul an extra 10kph can literally take hours off a journey. Not everyone is salaried/ hourly paid, an O/D for instance is paid per load and time is money. Another point is (car or truck) if someone dawdles and theres no place to overtake the whole road miles back gets to go at the same pace and this is where you get some trying silly overtakes through frustation. As well as a maximum, police should also enforce a minimum on certain classes of roads imo…

AndrewG:

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

On short haul work it probably doesnt make that much difference but long haul an extra 10kph can literally take hours off a journey. Not everyone is salaried/ hourly paid, an O/D for instance is paid per load and time is money. Another point is (car or truck) if someone dawdles and theres no place to overtake the whole road miles back gets to go at the same pace and this is where you get some trying silly overtakes through frustation. As well as a maximum, police should also enforce a minimum on certain classes of roads imo…

Fair enough, if I was trying to hit 4000km in a week I’d want to be flat to the mat all the time. But to be honest, I struggle to get much over 1500km in a week. That is if I drive every working day. If I’m shunting I’m not even breaking into double figures. But my reversing is ■■■■ hot… :grimacing:

beanie:

This attitude is one of the very many reasons i left the UK years ago. Going quicker is more productive, gets more done, earns your employer more and in turn keeps you in work!
This sort of thing doesnt go on over here as attitudes are different but if i were an employer and found drivers plobbing along at Tosco snail pace speeds they’d be out the door…