SNACK VAN STOLEN! Please help!

I’m posting this as a favour to somebody on Canalworld. This snack van was stolen yesterday, the stickers were peeled off before it was towed away. It is used to raise funds for the Birmingham Canal Navigation Society, a charity which undertakes canal maintenance in and around Birmingham, and obviously it’s a bit of a blow to them.

I have asked the OP for any more photos, details etc but in the meantime I have one end-on shot, if anybody spots a similar looking, newly operating and re-stickered snack van in the next few weeks, could they let me know, thanks.

Another pic…

Depending on how long the stickers have been on, those with sharp eyes might still be able to see what it says, as there will be faded paint/residue etc left behind, maybe even after a quick respray

Any registration details harry vin number etc?

nick2008:

No such thing on a trailer…

They do have vin numbers as log as legit in the 1st place.

wakey_jack:

I.m sure i.ve seen that Angus Mcnobhead on traffic cops showing a new copper how to find the vin on a trailer , in a bit of an out of the way place to find if i remember

Just bumping this for you Harry.

Made into a sticky possibly too for a while■■?

chaversdad:

wakey_jack:

I.m sure i.ve seen that Angus Mcnobhead on traffic cops showing a new copper how to find the vin on a trailer , in a bit of an out of the way place to find if i remember

The VIN number is on a plate on the axle - although some ‘Police Officers’ think the vin no is the number on the tow hitch, which is, of course, the hitch part number. (I know this because the police confiscated a horse trailer of mine after identifying it as stolen by using this part number as the vin no. - I won the case, too!)

Steve

Roymondo:

nick2008:

No such thing on a trailer…

There is and if you buy a caravan you’ll get a log book to go with it too