Hoyer group

Hi all,

Anybody have any insite into working for hoyer group on the tankers.?

Thanks in advance

Dead mans shoes on petrolog (no idea why they are/were advertising when they’re not really interested), no idea what bitumen or chemicals is like. I understand the shifts are a nightmare, far too much red tape, dire outfit to work for overall. I once saw a driver on white fleet slumped over the wheel seconds after pulling into the layby I was in (worrying). Paid monthly as well I think.

Don’t know anything about them but did see they are advertising at Clacket Lane so must be getting a bit desperate for drivers.

wing-nut:
Don’t know anything about them but did see they are advertising at Clacket Lane so must be getting a bit desperate for drivers.

Not just Clackett Lane, all the services around. Seen it at South Mimms and Pease Pottage.

Cheers chaps,I have applied been 4 weeks now and only just received a acknowledgement letter.so we’ll see what happens from here…

Ta

Nkh22:
Hi all,

Anybody have any insite into working for hoyer group on the tankers.?

Thanks in advance

They are really slow to contact you it took me about five weeks to get a reply.
The shift pattern is dire,two weeks early 4am start then two weeks lates 4pm start.
Grim :cry:

Dazza are you working for them now then?
What site you on mate.?
Been hearing a few horror story’s about them I did put down on the app that can’t do nights so that’s probably done me.!do you know if it’s a 4on4 off jobby.?

2 weeks early and 2 weeks late is what I do now on the trains, I love it.
I assume they would want experience. Money is not far different to what I’m on now.
Live about 5 mins from pease pottage.

Some of you may recall the heated and envious thread about Hoyer petrol tanker drivers when they voted to go on strike, probably couple or three years ago.

One of Hoyer’s drivers scanned and posted his pay slip for all to see, yes the top line looked impressive, but when he broke down his shift pattern and the hours he’d worked, it was far from a dead mans shoes job in reality.

I wouldn’t work those alternating and disruptive shifts for the money on offer, and it’s easy to see why they need to advertise for drivers regularly in the SE.

Personally I like the shift work, it’s what I’ve always done. Do they do many weekends?

Not to sure about the weekends but my guess is yes.its on a rolling contract so weekend must be a def…still waiting to hear anything though and trying to find out as much info as poss…

Thing is for me as a train driver it’s difficult to get out, money is good, pension is great (I’ve got 2 running), 35 hour week and near 50k BUT it’s soooo boring.
I’m used to being active and don’t mind a bit of hard graft but trying to get back into driving with similar conditions etc is nearly impossible. Don’t mind a drop in wages so much but it’s the other bits (weekends and pension).
Any ideas what pension contributions are like and what a basic months take home is■■?

Oh yes, i’d be bored to bloody tears too :unamused: having to sit on me arse for a whole 35 hours to earn the same as a car transporter driver at the top of his tree working his socks off for all the hours God sends, and then the transporter driver won’t have anything like your pensions to look forward too…i have mates still doing it who at aged 60+ can see no end, it’ll kill lots of 'em of course before they have to worry about drawing said missing pension.

You’ve done well getting into the trains mate, enjoy it and see your time out on the rails is my advice, the road has nothing to offer any more, only increasing congestion as immigration increases when the turkeys vote for Christmas again in May, then you have the increasing isolation of the driver…any comradeship is disappearing as each year passes.

You’ve got a good union, something drivers will never have because they can’t agree or stick together and the green eyed monster stops them thinking clearly for the benefit of all drivers.

Think the shifts are:
Mon Tues weds days,
Thurs off,
Fri sat sun Mon nights,
Tuesday weds off
Thurs Fri sat sun days,
Mon off
Tues weds Thurs nights,
Fri sat sun off
then round again Mon Tues weds days etc then ten days off

Juddian:
Oh yes, i’d be bored to bloody tears too :unamused: having to sit on me arse for a whole 35 hours to earn the same as a car transporter driver at the top of his tree working his socks off for all the hours God sends, and then the transporter driver won’t have anything like your pensions to look forward too…i have mates still doing it who at aged 60+ can see no end, it’ll kill lots of 'em of course before they have to worry about drawing said missing pension.

You’ve done well getting into the trains mate, enjoy it and see your time out on the rails is my advice, the road has nothing to offer any more, only increasing congestion as immigration increases when the turkeys vote for Christmas again in May, then you have the increasing isolation of the driver…any comradeship is disappearing as each year passes.

You’ve got a good union, something drivers will never have because they can’t agree or stick together and the green eyed monster stops them thinking clearly for the benefit of all drivers.

You’d be surprised how quick the railway is going downhill. Although we only do 10 hours max you can do nearly 6 hours in the seat before a break which then only has to be 30 minutes.
Was looking at doing part time driving on the side but then got my head bitten off for taking jobs away from those that need it, can’t win.
The pension is very good but the unions are not what they used to be, I can virtually guarantee you’ll never see another train drivers strike, too many people living beyond their means who have to rely on overtime.
Definitely can’t see myself doing this for another 25-30 years though.
If you go earlier then 60 your pension is drastically reduced, may look good if you stay but go any earlier and it will take a massive drop.
Some people like sitting on their arse all day but it’s just not me, been on 5 years now and it’s not got any better.

buster4086:
Think the shifts are:
Mon Tues weds days,
Thurs off,
Fri sat sun Mon nights,
Tuesday weds off
Thurs Fri sat sun days,
Mon off
Tues weds Thurs nights,
Fri sat sun off
then round again Mon Tues weds days etc then ten days off

The shift pattern above is the Hoyer Esso contract.
Hoyer have lots of Tanker contracts and they mostly have different shift patterns.

Class2ldn:
Thing is for me as a train driver it’s difficult to get out, money is good, pension is great (I’ve got 2 running), 35 hour week and near 50k BUT it’s soooo boring.

Wtf, the remuneration alone & a hell of a lot less hours plus the fact that I’m driving a TRAIN is enough to put the boredom to bed:!:

Juddian:

+1

A mate of mine was interested in doing it, but can’t find anything online, anybody know the website you needed to apply through?

cracker-bar:
Anybody know the website you needed to apply through?

No idea how you apply to train operating companies though :frowning:

Cheers pd