Is hoyer really as bad as they say

I have been offered a position at hoyer but I’m unsure weather to take it on as its not all about money for me, altho that will play some part.
Spoken to a couple of their drivers in the terminals but the don’t really say much about the job, they seem happy enough.

Ive not done shift work before so id have to adjust to that as well

Do any of you work there or have and can shed some light on this for me please, no bs like your mates mate cousins son worked there 20 years ago

Cheers D

I repair their their trucks and tankers and by what I see of them they,like most companies,are run by a useless bunch of pricks who are full of their own self importance and arrogance.
In other words a load of jerks who think that their drivers are lesser beings.As with all “companies” now the people who actually do the work are trash.

Think I would rather stick pins in my eyes than work for these shysters.

yes

Discodeano:
can shed some light on this for me please, no bs like

Cheers D

Well I was pretty keen on getting into fuel last year but ended up jacking in driving altogether, applied to Hoyer Petrolog & they weren’t interested, I dodged the bullet from what i heard off one of their drivers who I got chatting to. The high staff turnover speaks for itself, he said every contract they’ve touched they’ve zb’ed up, the shifts on white fleet/Rontec are dire & you’re constantly on the chase/being spied on. But look at the positives though, the training is top notch, they give newbies a chance, pay is a bit more than general haulage (they get hampers etc at xmas) & the kit is good (if you ding it you get a written warning).

This is for the shell contract not petrolog i guess its the same across the board tho, ill try and catch one in the terminal later on

Discodeano:
This is for the shell contract not petrolog i guess its the same across the board tho, ill try and catch one in the terminal later on

Thought Petrolog was all the fuel stuff ie white fleet, Esso Rontec, Shell, BP etc!? Anyway I spoke to a driver on here about Shell because they were setting on at the time, it was in Kingsbury though but he/she said it was the better one. Go for it but do as much research as you can[emoji16]

My mates cousin worked for them 20 years ago… :smiley: :smiley: sorry i just couldnt resist…i have seen ads looking for drivers on the fuel side that started at £35.000…so dont sound too bad in my eyes, theres additions to that as well with drivers earning £45.000 + i would ask around at local depots for clarifications…i have been for jobs in the past where the wage being quoted was for working 7 days a week, and included wages for holiday pay :smiley:

one of the hoyer petrol lads posted his edited payslip for our perusal a while ago, it was in response to the green eyed mob here jumping up and down cos they dared to go on strike for better pay.

Whilst the pay looked ok, i wouldn’t say wonderful when we’re talking weird shifts on petrol tanks, it was quite a shock to hear the shift pattern being worked to earn it.

One of the worse shift patterns i’ve ever seen, and the pay IMHO not anywhere near good enough for the hours involved and the disruptive pattern of mixed days and nights worked.

However that was then and now is now, will be interesting if a current employee pipes up, and as no one has i’m beginning to wonder if the staff are wary of posting on forums in case of backlash.

Why not just give it a try? Nobody can force you to stay if it doesn’t suit you, and who knows, it might suit you down to the ground.
I always wonder why people come on a forum like this asking what places are like, the vast majority won’t have worked there so won’t have an idea. Those that have worked there & left because they couldn’t handle it will say it’s crap, otherwise they’d have stayed, while those that enjoy it won’t say so because they’ll have the P ripped out of them, we aren’t supposed to like our employers or place of work, it’s in the drivers rule book.

b

I wish bjd hadn’t deleted his post, he/she was onto something.

Juddian:
will be interesting if a current employee pipes up, and as no one has i’m beginning to wonder if the staff are wary of posting on forums in case of backlash.

Seuth sayer! :open_mouth:

bjd’s post piped up for a while, and then feared the backlash! :laughing:
Not sure why though, i didn’t think it was derogatory to a company.
Some are better than others, simple!

Evil8Beezle:

Juddian:
will be interesting if a current employee pipes up, and as no one has i’m beginning to wonder if the staff are wary of posting on forums in case of backlash.

Trust me young man, you do not want to cross my palm with silver and request a reading…whooooooh, is anybody there… :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Juddian:

Evil8Beezle:

Juddian:

Trust me young man, you do not want to cross my palm with silver and request a reading…whooooooh, is anybody there… :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

You or me mate? :open_mouth:

Spoke to a Hoyer driver delivering to an Esso garage up in Scotland not so long ago. He was on a backshift I presume as it was about 8 at night. He was telling me he only had the one delivery that shift. Start, load up, drive to garage which was about 60 miles deliver the fuel drive back and finish. Sounds pretty good to me. Said the money was great as well but did not divulge what he was on. He seemed more than happy.

An interesting article for anyone who is interested.

blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/fac … -45k/10116

As someone else said give it a go you might be pleasantly surprised. I drove tankers in the 80’s and never looked back but I believe the pay and conditions have not really improved much if at all.
You will find the ones that put a job down are the ones that have never done it. I did it and it was great although I was on days always. No shifts.

The money I have been offered is good about 4.50 more an hour than I get now. But it’s the shift work that will get me I think, I do 2 full loads a day and that can take anywhere from 5-13 hours guaranteed 10 hours pay + ot so all is not bad as is very easy and I don’t do many petrol stations.
I’m on days mon-fri

As I said it’s not all about money as I like a life but it could be useful for the house I just don’t want to regret it if I say no.

Discodeano:
The money I have been offered is good about 4.50 more an hour than I get now. But it’s the shift work that will get me I think, I do 2 full loads a day and that can take anywhere from 5-13 hours guaranteed 10 hours pay + ot so all is not bad as is very easy and I don’t do many petrol stations.
I’m on days mon-fri

As I said it’s not all about money as I like a life but it could be useful for the house I just don’t want to regret it if I say no.

Got to say it used to be very difficult to get into that type of work mainly because it is better pay but also the work is a lot easier.eg loading and unloading. Generally all the conditions are or were far better than your average job. Not many people leave either so surely that tells you something.

Discodeano:
I’m on days mon-fri

Everyone goes on about fuel tankers as being the ultimate, but I wouldn’t do it simply because off the shift patterns.

You say it’s not all about money for you, if you manage just fine on your current money why ■■■■ up your homelife in pursuit of a few more bob?

I’ve done antisocial shifts in the past in the pursuit if money, came to the conclusion in the end it’s not worth it. Got a Mon-Fri day shift job and haven’t looked back, evenings and weekends for family end of.

rob22888:
it’s not worth it. Mon-Fri day shift job and haven’t looked back, evenings and weekends for family end of.

+1