Fuel Tankers

Hi All

Due to a change in my personal circumstances I’m thinking of a move into Fuel tankers specifically Hoyers Purfleet. It’s my understanding that Hoyer are recruiting class 1 drivers without the required Adr and pdp, All training is in house. The attraction that appeals to me is obviously the money but predominately the shifts. I’ve heard that they offer a 4 on 4 off shift pattern which would suit me down to the ground purely based around family life.

I’ve heard a lot of conflicting stories from drivers about shift patterns and pay, But if any of you guys and girls have any information regarding the above it would be gratefully received.

Regards Dan

I seen this advert in Clacket Lane services a few months ago… hope it helps!

Hi
5 on 3 off x4 then 4on 4off x2, alternate days then night shifts, shift rota over a 7 week period. Very strict over what you can and can’t do, for obvious reasons, normally 12 hour shifts.

28 days holiday, is that excluding statutory holidays?

Including stat days

Hoyer have just won a 10 year contract with BP to deliver fuel to their sites.

Add to that contracts with Esso and Shell then there will be no shortage of work.

Shift work, in whatever form it takes, is something to think long and hard about.

It’s not for everyone.

Good Luck.

Anyone know what the Esso shift pattern is?

A mate of mine joined them a while ago after taking his ADR ( yeah, what a fool ) anyway he loves it…cant tell you much more than the advert, but all looks superb…apart from having to ride a bike to work :smiley: :smiley:

truckyboy:
…apart from having to ride a bike to work :smiley: :smiley:

Is that because he has to max out his driving hours each day?

bigjohn78:

Yes utter garbage you will be working days and nights on the same week lots of weekend’s trust me you don’t want it .

dogface:

bigjohn78:

Yes utter garbage you will be working days and nights on the same week lots of weekend’s trust me you don’t want it .

Fair enough but what is the shift pattern?