What no lights!

This chap turned up this morning, illegal or what !! God knows how far he came like that :open_mouth:

I got pulled by the police when driving a Ford Orion with no headlights. They drove past me and at first thought i had tinted the lights so much they were totally black so did a U turn. They got over it as it was daytime and i was only 1 mile from the scrapyard i was driving it to.

Its OK as long as its daytime.

he still has some left on the spoiler :laughing:

Maybe been to McElvaney Motors in Monaghan.Someone stole the lights out of 20 Scanias over night last Sunday.

HDL:
Maybe been to McElvaney Motors in Monaghan.Someone stole the lights out of 20 Scanias over night last Sunday.

Maybe Scanny lights are the latest ā€œmust haveā€.

Who the hell steals headlights off a lorry ffs :imp:

Lol, between the hours of sunrise and sunset, you donā€™t need headlights.

I said between the hours because these are actual official times and you can get done even if its daylight?

bobdebouwer:

I said between the hours because these are actual official times and you can get done even if its daylight?

You might need indicators though :laughing:

F-reds:

bobdebouwer:

You might need indicators though :laughing:

Nope, dont need them either.

Arm signals suffice :wink:

Thats just a minor defect. Iā€™d have taken the fog lights off and scellotaped them in place till I got back to the yard.[emoji1] [emoji1]

merc0447:
Who the hell steals headlights off a lorry ffs

Anybody wanna buy some Scania headlights? Very good prices. PM me.

merc0447:

I know for a fact that Merc Actros light units cost Ā£250 each so thatā€™s Ā£500 a pair so iā€™m guessing Scanny ones are similar, so maybe thatā€™s why.

bald bloke:
This chap turned up this morning, illegal or what !! God knows how far he came like that :open_mouth: 01

From Hungary?

Head lights are no big deal to the average scania driver ,they have 10 million spotlights on their kelsa bars to compensate for their lack of vision :neutral_face:

merc0447:

+1,its getting worse with the thieving

seth 70:
Head lights are no big deal to the average scania driver ,they have 10 million spotlights on their kelsa bars to compensate for their lack of vision :neutral_face:

Thatā€™s because their curtains cone half way round the windows so limits the daylight and vision

mrginge:
I got pulled by the police when driving a Ford Orion with no headlights. They drove past me and at first thought i had tinted the lights so much they were totally black so did a U turn. They got over it as it was daytime and i was only 1 mile from the scrapyard i was driving it to.

Its OK as long as its daytime.

Ha, not quite. If stopped you wouldnā€™t go any further without headlights, daytime or not.

As for the Scanias, if they were Xenons as a lot seem to be fitted with now then youā€™re looking at well over Ā£1k a piece

My boss have removed the lights, he said the electricity bill was too much last year.

HDL:

Can you Imagine the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  drivers who think they can miss a walk round check. Gets to the first drop then notices he has no headlights. Would love to be privy to that phone call to the traffic office . I definitely checked that motor boss . They must have fallen out somewhere. Lol

ND888 BIGJ:

HDL:

Can you Imagine the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  drivers who think they can miss a walk round check. Gets to the first drop then notices he has no headlights. Would love to be privy to that phone call to the traffic office . I definitely checked that motor boss . They must have fallen out somewhere. Lol

Or a pull by DVSA. Wonder if the ā€œOh,they were there when I did my checks this morningā€ excuse would work? :laughing: