fog lights

c
please please please can someone tell me why they drive with their front fog ligts on when its not foggy.This mornig I counted ten vehicles with them on eight of them were hgvs WHY?

Ignorance.

Harry Monk:
Ignorance.

And stupidity :imp:

■■■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■ it ■■■■■■ me off.

Don’t sit on the fence jammy, voice your feelings. :wink: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

on the “fence” SHOULDNT THAT BE ON THE JENKINSONS THREAD ■■

The Police (remember them we used to see them on the streets when we were younger) could make a field day ticketing these idiots for using fog lights, Im not sure what the offence would be but hopefully it involves some points and a hefty fine.

The only problem they would have is getting out of the Police station from watching the CCTV cameras and actually doing these people its the only way they will learn .

wiggy The reason for lights on in the day time is so you can see them. If you have seen them ( Altho you complain ) then the system works. I think its better than driving along blowing your horn to keep people alert. You saw at least eight HGV’s with their lights on. To me thats a good thing not something to complain about. It proves that you were kept awake! :laughing:
( The other two were probably Volvo cars , which are designed for dull Swedish/English weather ))

harry:
wiggy The reason for lights on in the day time is so you can see them. If you have seen them ( Altho you complain ) then the system works. I think its better than driving along blowing your horn to keep people alert. You saw at least eight HGV’s with their lights on. To me thats a good thing not something to complain about. It proves that you were kept awake! :laughing:
( The other two were probably Volvo cars , which are designed for dull Swedish/English weather ))

Well said,I always drive with my lights on,summer or winter,day as well as night.

Though the amount of people you see driving in fog,heavy rain or even in the dark with no lights,or just side lights beggars belief.

KW:

harry:

Well said,I always drive with my lights on,summer or winter,day as well as night.

Though the amount of people you see driving in fog,heavy rain or even in the dark with no lights,or just side lights beggars belief.

You drive with fog lights on all the time?.

Thats why all the local busses drive with headlights on Summer & Winter. So they can be seen. Simple! They are dangerous moving objects. Its not rocket science.:laughing:
Even satellites have their lights on miles away in space so it makes sense for guided missiles on the public highway to make themselves visible.

jammymutt:

KW:

harry:

He said he drives with his lights on jammy, not his fog lights, there is a difference. When i worked with KW for a Swedish firm i was allways getting flashed in GB cos my lights were allways on, even with the light switch turned off,(never been in a Volvo car, but think it may be the same) as its law in Sweden to have lights on all the time when driving, so the best thing to do was to put the sidelights on when i got off the train/boat in England.

Ok I will go with headlights on during the day BUT why why why do they also need the foglights on during the day when its a clear day. I work nights & yesterday on the B3400 between Woodstock & Chipping Norton when it was raining quite hard this well I think it was a white DAF 95 Came towards me 1st he dazzled me with about 5 spotlights & main beam then he dipped his lights to reveal headlights & fog lights, I just gave up & stopped until he went by I just couldn’t see where I was going what with the rained drops bouncing the light all over the screen.
SO PLEASE TURN THOSE FOGLIGHTS OFF WHEN ITS A DARK CLEAR NIGHT ALSO WHEN ITS RAINING.

My truck is about 14 foot 7 high, about 60 feet long and about 7 feet wide its painted bright ■■■■■■■ orange if people cant see it without lights would lights make a difference during the day■■?..

Can you all see it?.

If not ill get a photo of it with fog lights on:):).

Most people will see the lights 24/7 as you have proved. It means they have been noticed & are doing their job .However much they irritate you can’t deny the fact that you saw the trucks ( And two cars ) When I was told that my lights were on in the daytime I used to ask ." So you saw them then ?" The answer was always .“Yes.” Thats the whole point,you see… :laughing:

kindle530:

jammymutt:

KW:

harry:

He said he drives with his lights on jammy, not his fog lights, there is a difference. When i worked with KW for a Swedish firm i was allways getting flashed in GB cos my lights were allways on, even with the light switch turned off,(never been in a Volvo car, but think it may be the same) as its law in Sweden to have lights on all the time when driving, so the best thing to do was to put the sidelights on when i got off the train/boat in England.

I have a Volvo car and as soon as the ignition is turned on the lights come on, with no way to turn them off.

The only downside is people keep flashing you and pointing at your lights, plus bulbs have to be changed a bit more frequently. Believe me they are not cheap ggggrrrrrr :open_mouth: :open_mouth: but the price is worth it :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought they were the same linux, the truck i was on about was an FH, and as you said, there is no way to turn them off, thats why i used to turn the lights onto sidelights only

kindle530:
I thought they were the same linux, the truck i was on about was an FH, and as you said, there is no way to turn them off, thats why i used to turn the lights onto sidelights only

I did that once, however i forgot that i had done it and when i turned the car off the sidelights stayed on and i ended up with a flat battery. The reason i did not notice was i stopped about mid day in the summer and it was obviously very bright.

I just leave the switch alone now and hope the bulb warning light doesn’t come on too often :wink: :wink: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

wiggy:
c
please please please can someone tell me why they drive with their front fog ligts on when its not foggy.This mornig I counted ten vehicles with them on eight of them were hgvs WHY?

talking of my car , nissan primera 1998 turn switch for the fog lights is right next to the light so when you turn the lights on its very easy to turn the fog lights on, was pulled by cops one night for fog lights on and when i showed them what had happened even they agreed it was a stupid design and could see how easy it was to accidently switch them onand let me go
in the end put black tape round the fog light switch to stop it happening but on m.o.t got phone call from tester asking if i could put him and the mechanics out of there misery as they couldnt understand why id taped up the switch as far as they could see they work fine , explained and he could see straight away what i meant and retaped it back up for me
youd have to see primera to see what i mean but it is a stupid design to put fog and lights on same stalk on roller switches right next to each other

I think the point of the thread was why have ‘Fog Lights’ on at anytime other than when its foggy!

I see no problem in driving with dipped beam if it makes you feel more comfortable. Its perfectly legal and advised during, strong low sunlight, rain or reduced visibilty due to spray or fog! As mentioned, if you travel abroad, you are the odd one out if you do not have them on!! :wink:

As im sure we all know fog lights should only be illuminated when the visibilty due to ‘FOG’ is reduced to less than 100metres. This does not include, rain, the hours of darkness or when you think it looks cool!! :sunglasses:

Plod see it as ‘Illegal use of auxilliary lamps’ and can/will stick you with a £60 FPN!! No points on the old D/L though! :open_mouth:

Even worse in my eyes is the dodgy use of Rear Fog Lamps!!! These people are mad, a little bit of drizzle and its an excuse to get them on!! Do they not realise that they are taking away the affect of their brake lamps? Usually chav car drivers use these but I wont go down that road!! :unamused: