Soare a thought

…for the poor second home owners in Spain, who can now no longer travel back and forth as if their villa is in Cornwall.

As for selling up…

Seeing how popular the Sun (the paper that is) is on the Costa del Essex, I wonder how many of the turkeys voted for christmas…

No desire to get into any more Brexit dog ■■■■ tbh, I think it’s all been said…and then some :unamused:
So on a similar theme also spare a thought for these celebs in lockdown stuck in their multi million quid homes saying on You tube how ‘‘We are all in this together’’ :unamused:

Are we ■■■■ mate!
You’re sat sheltered and pampered in the lap of luxury, I’m out amongst all the crap driving a ■■■■ truck to pay the bills.
So spare me the moaning and groaning …we get enough of that from all those whinging remainers. :laughing:

the nodding donkey:
…for the poor second home owners in Spain, who can now no longer travel back and forth as if their villa is in Cornwall.

Remainers like you make me laugh. You bleat on about leave voters knowing nothing about the EU but then demonstrate you haven’t even the first clue.

They can go there like that though. You can spend a maximum of 90 out of 180 days going there as a tourist. So they can spend 25 weeks of the year there. They can go there for 3 months in summer, go for 3 months in winter. They can choose to go for a fortnight every month of the year.

And if they’re retired there’s not a country in the world who doesn’t hand out residency visas to self sufficient retirees of which of course British pensioners will be, with the exception of possibly North Korea.

Any more uninformed bollox your favourite daily left wing bull-manure news site tells you to think you’d care to share?

Locketts or ■■■■ on a fishermans friend

What Conor said,plus 1.

Conor:

the nodding donkey:

Remainers like you make me laugh. You bleat on about leave voters knowing nothing about the EU but then demonstrate you haven’t even the first clue.

They can go there like that though. You can spend a maximum of 90 out of 180 days going there as a tourist. So they can spend 25 weeks of the year there. They can go there for 3 months in summer, go for 3 months in winter. They can choose to go for a fortnight every month of the year.

And if they’re retired there’s not a country in the world who doesn’t hand out residency visas to self sufficient retirees of which of course British pensioners will be, with the exception of possibly North Korea.

Any more uninformed bollox your favourite daily left wing bull-manure news site tells you to think you’d care to share?

You and your fellow Brexiteers are just as free to post any positive results from Brexit, as I am to post any negative outcomes.

Yes, they can stay for 90 days, but they can no longer go fo the long winter break (off in the autumn, back in the spring), which is what most do, nor can you stay 10-11 months, and pop back for Christmas with the family. Going for a fortnight every month… you obviously dont know why the majority buy a second home in Spain.

As for residency visas, we’ll have to wait and see how welcome the Brits are, once they are not automatically entitled to stay there anymore. Just remind me how Dover, Margate, or any other (sea side) town in Britain would like it if a large contingent of foreigners came and live in their town, and refuse to speak English, and buy their foreign muck in their foreign shops, and drink their foreign beer in their foreign pubs…

Oh, wait…

Suedehead:
Locketts or ■■■■ on a fishermans friend

:grimacing: :blush: very good.

+3
I have said it before on this forum. My uncle has a 2nd home on the Costa Blanca. He has said its no big deal. In fact for the 20 years he has had the villa he usually has 1 month in January and 1 month in September. So going by the 90 day rule he still has 1 month to play with. :smiley:
So I say “do try harder” 0/10 for effort on that one.

You need a bit of backing ND…where’s Franglais when you need him. :wink: :laughing:

I understand the Spanish have reduced the 180 days to 120 days.
I have a buddy who has a gaff down near Mojacar and hasnt been able to get down there since march, every time he makes plans to go down they lockdown. He says hes not too bothered as his neigbours are taking care of his place and get regular updates from all of the community

peirre:

Let’s wait and see shall we? It wasn’t long ago that the Mayor of Benidorm was pleading with the Brits to return. The Spanish may find a minority of Brits distasteful but their love of the Euros we spend they find very tasteful.

the nodding donkey:
You and your fellow Brexiteers

I actually voted remain. I’ve just spent 5 years listening to complete and utter bollox such as the stuff you’ve posted on sites like Reddit from the remain camp and I call them out on it when they post it. Quite ironic don’t you think given how many of them were claiming it was the leave side peddling all the lies and misinformation? After all it’s only fair to call out remainer lies of they’re doing the same for leave ones.

the nodding donkey:
Yes, they can stay for 90 days, but they can no longer go fo the long winter break (off in the autumn, back in the spring), which is what most do, nor can you stay 10-11 months, and pop back for Christmas with the family. Going for a fortnight every month… you obviously dont know why the majority buy a second home in Spain.

#richpeopleproblems

Oh no they’ll have to go at the end of November and come back in March instead of going in October. How will they cope? Quick lets set up a charity for the poor hard done by downtrodden people so poor they can only own just one second home in a foreign country. We must stop Brexit which benefits millions of people, mostly those in low paying jobs, because a couple of thousand well off pensioners will have to have a shorter winter holiday.

As long as you’ve got at least £2000 a month going into your bank account, either through work or from other sources such as pension, investments, sources from UK, you can get residency. But as you’re a knowledgeable remainer of course you knew this so I wonder why you never made any mention of it?

I would hazard a guess that the type of person who goes to live in Spain from Autumn to Spring and returns to the UK for summer has £2000 a month going into their bank so could get residency.

the maoster:

peirre:

Let’s wait and see shall we? It wasn’t long ago that the Mayor of Benidorm was pleading with the Brits to return. The Spanish may find a minority of Brits distasteful but their love of the Euros we spend they find very tasteful.

Benidorm is more about the package holiday Brits on the pish, than it is about 2nd home owners.

Don’t be surprised if the requirement drops to 90/90.
The biggest problem I foresee for 2nd home owners is any limits on insurance green cards issued by UK insurers, as many drive down and keep their uk registered cars there during their stay

peirre:

the maoster:

peirre:

Benidorm is more about the package holiday Brits on the pish, than it is about 2nd home owners.

The biggest problem I foresee for 2nd home owners is any limits on insurance green cards issued by UK insurers, as many drive down and keep their uk registered cars there during their stay

Ah, but doesn’t EU rule say all car insurance includes EU cover? So…
Oh…

But if they drive their Esp reg car with insurance from a Spanish company they should be OK.?

Conor:

the nodding donkey:

Thank you for putting the resident remoaning idiot back in its box.

bobbya:

Conor:

the nodding donkey:

Thank you for putting the resident remoaning idiot back in its box.

Oh hello Bobby, welcome back. We’ve missed your eloquent and insightful contributions to our discussions.

Speaking personally,I’ve had my Spanish home for 15 years but I retain British nationality.The new rules barely affect me.Nov.to March we spend in the UK.Too cold in spain for the little woman,in the UK we switch on the central heating.She frets if we stop there more than 10 to 12 weeks.It’s a female emotion thing with grandchildren,friends,etc.I have a Spanish reg.car and drive to and fro in my UK car usually.Being a cranky individual I find airports and air travel a bind and it prevents me being arrested for protesting about my treatment by airside personnel.

peirre:

the maoster:

peirre:

Nothin wrong with Benidorm , we,d heard all the stories , and we really enjoyed our stay at port Benidorm hotel , and we’d certainly go back again , we’ve been to a lot of worse places / hotels that for sure

The Spanish police/Guardia Trafico have had an eye on British reg.cars for years.They must have access to our ANPR.As said above some Brits brought a car to Spain years ago and it has never seen insurance,tax,or mot since.

Gidders:
The Spanish police/Guardia Trafico have had an eye on British reg.cars for years.They must have access to our ANPR.As said above some Brits brought a car to Spain years ago and it has never seen insurance,tax,or mot since.

Mate of mine owns a car lot just outside Javea and he confirms what you say re Brit registered cars in Spain.

Interestingly he had many lengthy meetings with DVSA about the possibility of opening a garage in his region that could specifically carry out British MOT’s. Obviously DVSA seemed keen as the thought of more revenue for them was appealing. As it happens bureaucracy got in the way so it never happened.