Your diet at work

Im home every night so only have to survive for 12 hours at a time. When im at work i wont pay msa prices apart from KFC at Charnock richard or Hartshead moor. I may get lucky and have a chippy by a shop i deliver to.
The reason i brought this up is i bought a pasty from Gledrid services and 5 miles down the road i brought it back up :blush:
What do you do for food?

When at work I tend to take food with me, as I am normally home every night but when out I do the self catering it is cheaper

Big bowl of porridge for breakfast before work then normally just fruit while at work. Would never pay the prices at msa .

I work nights, so I have a main meal before I go to work. Then I usually take fruit, nuts, a can or two of Tuna, cereal bars and water. I refuse to pay MSA prices. Its amazing what you can save with self catering.

I am also home every night and like the above I take all food and drink with me Which cnsists of one sandwich some biscuits and a yoghurt. Will get a coffee from a service station some times but thats it.

while i am away i try and eat as healthy as i can.

i have some instant porridge or cereal bars for my breakfast and pasta with tuna and a stir in sauce for my dinner. i get the pre cut fruit melon pieces or pineapple chunks from the fruit and veg section in tesco or asda and munch on them or tomatoes are also good. true i have a fridge doing the continent but i try not to eat out for the very reason of your pasty situation. i once got samonela on the boat back from morocco and was laid up for days leaking from every orofice possible, and therefore learnt my lesson.

i am partial to chocolate also and will happily munch my way through a years supply of sweats so have resisted the urge and buy the healthy stuff instead. then i have no choice but to eat it

Iā€™m the same. Iā€™m out all week and never buy food up the road except for on a Friday, when I generally get a snack of some description as my little ā€œtreatā€.

Breakfasts are fruit. Lunches are either paninis which I fill with prawn or egg filling, or tubs of cottage cheese. For snacks I carry cherry tomatoes and various other fruit/veg type munchables. For dinners I have fresh pasta and sauce with ready-cooked chicken, or sweet and sour and noodles (the proper chinese kind, none of your instant noodles here) or whatever else of that ilk, with either more fruit or a cereal bar as pudding.

It is admittedly a lot easier since Iā€™ve had a fridge, but Iā€™ve self-catered as long as Iā€™ve been driving - it saves a fortune and means you can park where ever the hell you like. :wink:

thats my point Lucy and also you know what you are putting in your mouth is good and healthy as you have cooked it yourself.

you do save so much when you do your shopping and take it all with you, im sure the money spent on one of those compressor fridges for those who do not have the factory built ones will soon pay themselves off.

As healthily as possible .I come home every morning so I also have an evening meal before I go .Normally take a sandwich , water and some supposedly good for you snack bars .Sometimes find myself pulling upto buy sweets and pop :laughing:

burger vans where possible. failing that, a sandwich or choccy bars from an MSA

Jaffa Cakes

today started at 6.00 and finished at 17.15 and just had a twix and a coffee at 13.oo which is now a fairly normal day, drink loads of water through day which makes you feel full up

2 rounds of sarnies
Bag of crisps
2 kit kats
apple
banana
orange
Any other random fruit I can find at home.
Washed down with 2litres of water.

I dunno if this is healthy or not?

I feel really unhealthy now with my KFC and sometimes mcdonalds or chippy. I have just bought a tiny truck kettle and a load of pot noodle type meals. I do eat a lot of choc bars and cakes as well.

im lucky as we get fed most of the time, although i try my best to stick to the healthy side of things like friut, other than that when we are on our own, i normally hit the cereal as its cheap healthy and easy, and i refuse point blank to pay uk motorway prices for anything, i woulf rather go hungry (which i have) than pay a penny to them

years ago when i had a accident my doctor said i was 2stone overweight he put me with a dietican she told me have a good breakfast porridge is the best ie readybrek
then for lunch have banana sarnies the bread fills u and the fruit gives you energy drink water or tea not coffee.
have 2snacks one in morn one in afternoon a piece of fruit.
then evening have a normal meal at home.
i lost 3stone in 2years

Iā€™m lucky, working in Europe. The quality of the food available is usually very good.

I take fruit with me for snacking, fruit juice, yoghurt drinks and milk for drinking and I buy almost everything else.
I usually have a light breakfast with coffee and fresh fruit juice.
A sandwich or soup for lunch, with coffee.
A proper main meal in the evening (sometimes a dessert too), usually washed down with beer or wine, and coffee.
I have the gear for making fresh coffee too. Not instant, a cafetiere(sp?) and ground coffee.

Simon:
usually washed down with beer or wine, and coffee.
I have the gear for making fresh coffee too. Not instant, a cafetiere(sp?) and ground coffee.

OOOHH hark at him with his caf, cafatyā€¦cafeterā€¦bloody posh coffee thing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: