What do you eat?

While food should the top answer, I noticed at Westmorland Services (southbound M6 near Tebay) the choice of food at lunchtime was pretty good.
Salad and fruit bar, patisserie, decent hot food with vegetarian options, sandwiches, and the traditional fried offerings.
Breakfast included a whopping 10 items for £7.99.
Yet the salad and fruit options were cheaper and better for you — but too many seemed determined to get the fried food in — no doubt swayed by the Atkins diet judging the number of Hash Browns and slices of toast left.

I pack a lunch, sandwich, yoghurt, cereal bar and crisps.

Sometimes I manage to stop off near a supermarket and buy a sushi box and a smoothie. Its amazing how cheap sushi is nowadays.

Junk! I can’t organise the shopping for my flat let alone my lunchbox without the beloved Routier I would suffer a serious case of junk food poisoning. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i eat what ever i feel like at the time somtimes junk sometimes healthy

44Luke, would like to have had an “other” vote! :slight_smile: As I eat just about anything I fancy at any given time!

I have a packed lunch when working days in UK or I have my stoves and buy fresh food and cook it myself when away.

I agree that “other” should have been in the poll

it’s a packed lunch for me i’m affraid,i have 2 sandwiches at about 10am,then have 2more at 13.30.no chocolate bar for me thanks,sometime’s i’ll take a plain biscuit with me.that’s me till i get home roundabout 19.00hrs.i grudge paying for mcdonald’s etc as half an hour down the road your hungry. :wink:

On day work I pack a luckbox and flask although sometimes have a bacon butty and mug of tea. When doing nights out I take tins of food, just stuff to heat up in a mess tin, and loads of fruit to keep me off the sweeties, although I will eat a meal in a decent cafe. I like a fry up, but will try to limit it to once a week.
I try to cook decent meals at home with fresh ingredients as an antidote to all the junk food you get on the road. Next door neighbour is into Fishing and Falconry, so I sometimes get fresh fish or rabbit from him, not tried squirrel yet though as I can’t find a suitable recipe in any of Delia’s books. :smiley:

Packed lunch in my cooler mostly, but i can’t pass by at least one Dunkin Donuts per day without going in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

your wish is my command

other is now an option :smiley:

jon

Pat Hasler:
Packed lunch in my cooler mostly, but i can’t pass by at least one Dunkin Donuts per day without going in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dunkin Donuts Pat? You heretic! Krispy Kreme all the way!!