Yet Another one (Looking to learn)

Hiya guys, I currently work in distribution and i’ve had enough of just loading/unloading your trailers, so decided its about time i joined the ranks of drivers.

I’ve Had a look at RoadTrain @ South Mimms as their only up the A1 from me (North west london). Not sure if i’d be best suited doing C or C+E as i can afford to do it all at once?

I’m 21 and i’ve held my license for 2 years , How big a factor would that be against me ? As i wont have the C+ on my license already for 7.5t.

Any info on schools (or experience with that one) welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks.

-rob

A lot of companies won’t take on people unless there over 25 due to insurance purposes and your usually better getting experience on class c before doing the c+e course your best bet of getting a class c job is through an agency. and read the sticky’s

Welcome robz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

C must be passed before doing CE.
You do not have to do C1 - you can start on C if you are 21 or older.

For the process and some pre training tips, click on the link in my signature below :slight_smile:

Thanks to both of you and the fellas in the chatroom.

If anyone has experience with RoadTrain , i’d appreciate some info on them (via PM if you wish)

Thanks

-rob.

I was just wondering why a learner LGV driver was asking about road trains :open_mouth:

But I see now it’s a training school :blush:

I’m not sure if it’s the same people at roadtrain nowdays but i done my c & c+e with them back in 2000.

The had 2 students per instructor and shared the driving fairly, i got a second time pass on my C (ran a red light in the first test :blush: would have passed otherwise) and first timepass on my C+E taking both tests out of enfield test center.

Theres a few other training schools in the local area so it might be worth having a ring round :smiley: