would you take part

if anything comes of this talk regarding a national truckers/transport industry strike action…if it was organized and orderly would you be willing to sacrifice some things short term to hopefully gaurantee better conditions long term■■?

When you say organised and orderly are you including the bosses.
The reason I ask is because I know for a fact that if I were to leave the yard then sit all day it would be P45 time. Or are you talking about not going in to work in the first place. Same scenario would apply I think.
“Sorry not coming in today, I’m joining this national strike”
“OK, we’ll post your P45 to you”
Funny thing is we had an occasion where no-one got paid one pay day (they blamed the BACS system). Every one moaned like mad but there were only four of us out of 50 odd that actually refused to move until we got an explanation.
That said, I fully support the idea but not at the expense of losing my job.

Tomcat:
When you say organised and orderly are you including the bosses.
The reason I ask is because I know for a fact that if I were to leave the yard then sit all day it would be P45 time. Or are you talking about not going in to work in the first place. Same scenario would apply I think.
“Sorry not coming in today, I’m joining this national strike”
“OK, we’ll post your P45 to you”
Funny thing is we had an occasion where no-one got paid one pay day (they blamed the BACS system). Every one moaned like mad but there were only four of us out of 50 odd that actually refused to move until we got an explanation.
That said, I fully support the idea but not at the expense of losing my job.

I’d have to agree with Tomcat. If we stopped the trucks leaving our yards we be handed our P45’s. Secondly as I’ve only just started with this firm the last thing I would want to do is upset the apple cart. They (so far) seem a great firm to work for.No pressure just get done what you can, listen to your advice (already done that with regards to Tyre choice) The pay isn’t the best but better than alot I’ve seen advertised locally.

Dave

fair play to you… your opinion is what its about…

Like the rest, I would but not at the expense of my job.

I’me not on massive wages, but the company I work for is very fair. We’re asked to do our best, legally and no more.

Certainly would Terry, as long as it was organised so as it had an even chance of succeeding. And Ive always made my own personal views 100% clear, it has to include the gaffers too, in my opinion, to get haulage sorted in all the ways it needs sorting, and that aint just the wedge, united we stand, divided we fall.

Mal.

agreed with what has been said above,we need everyones backing,that includes all drivers, bosses ,unions and the public we need them on ourside.as it will hit them the hardest.although we all want better conditions we don’t want to make someone else’s conditions worse.by this i mean we need to make sure that normal daily life can go on with as little disruption to members of the public life as possible,if we can do that then i think the public might see us truck drivers in a different light.and mayby start to give us the respect we deserve :wink:

ohterry555:
if anything comes of this talk regarding a national truckers/transport industry strike action…if it was organized and orderly would you be willing to sacrifice some things short term to hopefully gaurantee better conditions long term■■?

■■■■ right I would kid :slight_smile:

Would i support it■■? U BET YOUR LAST DIME I WOULD :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I WOULD SPEAK PUBLICLY WITH PASSION AND CONVICTION TO OUTLINE THE DIRE PAY AND CONDITIONS IN OUR INDUSTRY…

I MUST MAKE IT CLEAR I AM NOT MILLITANT NOR AM I ANOTHER AURTHER SCARGILL…

WHAT I AM THOUGH IS A HARD WORKING PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVER WILLING TO STAND UP FOR US ALL PUBLICLY…

GET ME A VENUE AND A MIC SPREAD THE WORD FELLOW TRUCKERS RALLY A CALL FOR CHANGE TO BRING OUR INDUSTRY OUT OF THE DARK AGES ALLOWING THE MEN AND WOEMEN OF THIS GREAT OCCUPATION THE OPPERTUNITY TO UNITE AND WALK HOME WITH THEIR HEADS HELD HIGH WITH A DECENT LIVING WAGE… :exclamation:

I once again brothers call upon YOU the PROFESSIONAL DRIVER because that is what YOU ARE to believe in me, and BELIEVE in yourself ,TO RALLY A CALL TO ALL BOARDERS OF THIS SMALL ISLAND FOR A NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVERS STRIKE…TONY.

FROM SMALL ACORNS GREAT OAK TREES GROW…

I like the sound of a national strike.
It sounds like a good earning potential. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

the only way you will get better conditions is to refuse to work for companys which pay crap money,even if it means working outside the industry.
how can you go on strike all working for different hauliers and supplyers :question:

we nearly had strike action before christmas,in which 400 drivers all working at the same depot could not agree on terms

a work to rule was voted in and some drivers who voted for it worked as much overtime as they could.

the company also tryed to intimidiate the drivers with letters and one to one interviews with managers :imp: :imp:

we now are being awarded an extra pay rise this year because the company comissioned a national pay survey(in the mistaken idea they were top payers :laughing: :laughing: )it put us 8/12 in our area.so it has embarrassed them into paying up extra for our depot.(we still await our figure,but it will be a start)

i do not class our wage as “mop & bucket” but it does not stop us trying for more :exclamation:
i would not expect any of your familys to suffer for me nor would i expect your company to suffer as a result of your action.

industrial action did not work but shaming them has :exclamation:
also the union are [zb] zb
never trust them they fill there pockets first,all union reps in large companys have easy jobs.when did you last see one doing the dirty work :question: (it is the same at bus companys too)

NEVER TRUST UNIONS,SPINELESS ARSE KISSERS :exclamation:

jon

I 100% agree, but rules is rules…and if you need stars to get it 'round the censor then you’re going to get edited!!! L. :wink:

terry how about speaking to the truckers paper the (sun) to see if they would co a national poll to see what the reaction would be from drivers up and down the country

how about changing the question, i’m against a strike but how does that make me sitting on the fence, being neither for nor against would be sitting on the fence, support a national drivers strike called for by a warehouseman or whatever tony is now, get a life

biggusdickusgb:
how about changing the question, i’m against a strike but how does that make me sitting on the fence, being neither for nor against would be sitting on the fence, support a national drivers strike called for by a warehouseman or whatever tony is now, get a life

No your wrong 21 people are calling for it not just tony! as for telling professional drivers to get a life …well that what 21 people are calling for a life as well as being a truck driver! maybe you are happy being a door mat some of us are not!

So please think before engaging mouth(or keyboard)

i did think, and the my main complaint is the leading and not very well thought out question, for your information i have a job which i enjoy and am well paid to do, i’m not taking a pay cut to drop to tony’s target, please let me know when you’re having your strike then i can be in spain [zb]

Personal attacks are not tolerated on these forums, as you well know. L. :wink:

Personal attacks are not alowed on this website! and quite right too!

So therefor you remarks should be taken in contempt they deserve!

Ignore!

Its a shame you have had to come here and spoil a good natured discussion that is recieving comments on all sides of the spectrum!

They is allways one!!

Ok…ok…I’m back now, and it’s edited…am I forgiven? L. :wink:

it is still a leading question, is it going to be rephrased?

i have no problem with drivers going on strike. within there company, depot or yard that is.
but like many i am happy with my pay and working enviroment. so i will not get involved in a national strike.

sorry but i could’nt get back on the forum last night, i’ll apolgise to tony i was calling the idea idiotic not the man, i’ll go back to sitting on the fence