Working/loading during breaks

JAKEY:
I stick it on break every time I stop for a tea , that could be 6 or 7 times a day.

I bet when you stop for a pee, only Shotover isn’t flooded. :laughing:
I had a 15 earlier while being loaded; Mini digger takes almost 15 mins to load me so I just sat there for 2 or 3 once he’d finished. Labourer came to the cab to sign the ticket and I have a weigher with a beeper so I needn’t get involved at all.

dozy:
other days it means I end up doing 15 hrs without a proper break .

Good, I see retarded isn’t banned by the auto censor.

as above- if it suits me then no issue tipping on break etc - if it doesnt then i dont end of.

have to admit since i went from OD to paid hourly it tends to be a whole lot less!

oatcake1967:

Terry T:
Your boss is a 4 letter word starting in C and ending in T

Clot. :question: :confused:

No, Cyst :wink:

i went for an interview earlier in week, for a supposed reputable firm, we went on yard and he said we run things right etc etc, anyway he said we load on p o a, so me says why, thats wrong as its other work oh thats the way we do it, ah i said, he offered me the job i said ok but wont be loading on poa its other work he said we never get touched or stopped by vosa so what i said, if i dont like the job i go back on agency thats why I run to the book no thanks i will leave it he was a bit shocked as i called the shots, these firms still flout the law and the fools that work there are just as bad YES MEN TOO SCARED TO SAY ANYTHING

I load on break - back onto bay, open curtains, seat back and sleep for 30 mins. Sometimes I go and have coffee and a chat in the canteen. I am not involved in the loading process, and when I am the tacho goes back on other work.
The point is whether you are free to dispose of your time and not actually involved in the process.

dont talk wet mate, im well aware of the rules my point is there are still companies wanting drivers to break the rules thats all

gardun:
I load on break - back onto bay, open curtains, seat back and sleep for 30 mins. Sometimes I go and have coffee and a chat in the canteen. I am not involved in the loading process, and when I am the tacho goes back on other work.
The point is whether you are free to dispose of your time and not actually involved in the process.

That’s for rest not break

well in rog at last someone with rare common sense, this guy wanted me to load my wagon on poa not poa end of point

It always surprises me when drivers who know the rules choose to break them because some numpty boss says they must do

Ask that boss to put what they say verbally in writing on company paper and for some odd reason they back down immediately

ROG:

gardun:

That’s for rest not break

Point taken!!

dieseldog999:
…whats wrong with showing breaks when you need them shown,and taking them whenever it suits you…otherwise showing some initiative. :unamused:

Why does it come as no surprise what you said? It isn’t called initiative, its called being a mug and whats more you’re too stupid to see that you’re being taken for one. Do you give your boss the reach around as he’s shafting you? After all you seem to do just about everything else that he wants you to do, all in the name of being thought as as a good driver :laughing: :laughing:

Whats it like working in the azzhole end of haulage for barely more than a Tesco shelf stacker taking it up the backside from your gaffer on a daily basis?

not the bottom end at all although the wage wasnt as expected for adr only 13.00 an hour keep earning your top wages your obviously good at stacking, keep them tins nice n tidy eh good day to youu sir

dozy:
I said IVE NEVER BEEN ASKED/ToLD to which means when I do it it’s down too me nothing to do with company ,if I ever get pulled up for it by vosa ( which I very much doubt) it’s my head on the chopping not there’s .

They don’t need to ask you because they know you’re such a mug that you’ll do it anyway so they just give you the work that can only be done illegally knowing that it’ll get done because you’ll work through your breaks. Thats why you’re getting the work that can only be done like that and other drivers aren’t because they won’t tip on break. Trouble is you’re too dumb to see it.

no mug , did you or cant you read i didnt say it was agency and thanks we have bent drivers like you come on dvsa come n get him he obviously dosnt value his privilage

youv gone off the tangeant bud i refused the job as wont load on poa thats PERIODS OF AVAILIBILITY KNOWN IN ADVANCE, oooooooohhhhhh eeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr can we be best friends now

connor, i do apologise i misread what you replied to as was busy, excuses hee,off out with dogs then to work be safe

dozy:

sunsetdriving:

Berty:
Just out of intrest does anybody put there taco on break whilst unloading or loading cleary knowing they can be stationery at that particular location its just I dont like doing but my boss says I get paid for my breaks so he expects me to do it and says its the only way to get things done… so I thought to myself oh! should I tell vosa that in the event I get pulled in a check point

You’re effectively leaving your pants round your ankles every time you do this and if you’re not careful Vosa will take full advantage.

Get a grip man ,all this vosa are waiting round every corner paranoia is getting stupid now ,I think that’s apx 10 years now without a pull,I’d say the odds are more stacked in you WONT get stopped than you WILL.

If you’re happy to play a lottery that’s upto you, providing you know the risks its your choice and your licence. Perhaps if there was ever an incident you’d think different.

dozy:

sunsetdriving:

Berty:
Just out of intrest does anybody put there taco on break whilst unloading or loading cleary knowing they can be stationery at that particular location its just I dont like doing but my boss says I get paid for my breaks so he expects me to do it and says its the only way to get things done… so I thought to myself oh! should I tell vosa that in the event I get pulled in a check point

You’re effectively leaving your pants round your ankles every time you do this and if you’re not careful Vosa will take full advantage.

Get a grip man ,all this vosa are waiting round every corner paranoia is getting stupid now ,I think that’s apx 10 years now without a pull,I’d say the odds are more stacked in you WONT get stopped than you WILL.

If you’re happy to play a lottery that’s upto you, providing you know the risks its your choice and your licence. Perhaps if there was ever an incident you’d think different.

and people wonder why the jobs ferked