Working/loading during breaks

In the immortal words of the great Eric Morecome / Andre Previn sketch, “I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order” :wink: ( some guys may not be old enough to understand this one!!) Yes I have done it, BUT! only when it has been to my advantage! My break was always in there! just not always where it should be! You are the one who has most to lose, it is your licence, it is you that gets dragged up before the board, your boss won’t be coming up to say “sorry I told him he needed to do that” it is not his fault!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7yb-JncKow Enjoy!

If yer git caught doin it - you’ll git dun.

you might not get formally sacked,but you would get worked so you left asap…not everyone works for the holier than though companies…mabey he would best work for Tosco types…whats wrong with showing breaks when you need them shown,and taking them whenever it suits you…otherwise showing some initiative. :unamused:

Your boss is a 4 letter word starting in C and ending in T

Terry T:

Clot. :question: :confused:

I do/ have tipped/ loaded on break,never been asked/ told to do it by anybody ,I do it because I want to get home ASAP,sometimes it gets me back 45 mins early ,other days it means I end up doing 15 hrs without a proper break .

Terry T:

(Cockney) ‘CANT’

martinviking:

Terry T:

(Cockney) ‘CANT’

:lol:, you [zb] can’t:lol:

just do it but only if you yourself are the one that benefits from it

dozy:
I do/ have tipped/ loaded on break,never been asked/ told to do it by anybody ,I do it because I want to get home ASAP,sometimes it gets me back 45 mins early ,other days it means I end up doing 15 hrs without a proper break .

I thought you had stopped posting on here dozy,because it gets you in trouble with the firm you work ,this comment will pal :unamused:

Would you kiss your bosses arse if he asked?
Probably seeing as though you will happily break the law and put your licence at risk for him…

dozy:

Dozy by name Dozy by nature !!! :unamused: :unamused:

seth 70:

dozy:

I thought you had stopped posting on here dozy,because it gets you in trouble with the firm you work ,this comment will pal :unamused:

No it won’t ,I said IVE NEVER BEEN ASKED/ToLD to which means when I do it it’s down too me nothing to do with company ,if I ever get pulled up for it by vosa ( which I very much doubt) it’s my head on the chopping not there’s .

Berty:
Just out of intrest does anybody put there taco on break whilst unloading or loading cleary knowing they can be stationery at that particular location its just I dont like doing but my boss says I get paid for my breaks so he expects me to do it and says its the only way to get things done… so I thought to myself oh! should I tell vosa that in the event I get pulled in a check point

You’re effectively leaving your pants round your ankles every time you do this and if you’re not careful Vosa will take full advantage.

bald bloke:

dozy:

Dozy by name Dozy by nature !!! :unamused: :unamused:

Yet earlier in the thread you say I do IF IT SUITS me :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: ( pot/ kettle eh )

sunsetdriving:

Berty:
Just out of intrest does anybody put there taco on break whilst unloading or loading cleary knowing they can be stationery at that particular location its just I dont like doing but my boss says I get paid for my breaks so he expects me to do it and says its the only way to get things done… so I thought to myself oh! should I tell vosa that in the event I get pulled in a check point

You’re effectively leaving your pants round your ankles every time you do this and if you’re not careful Vosa will take full advantage.

Get a grip man ,all this vosa are waiting round every corner paranoia is getting stupid now ,I think that’s apx 10 years now without a pull,I’d say the odds are more stacked in you WONT get stopped than you WILL.

And you all wonder why the job is ****** especially the for profit side.

It’s easy to deceive lorry drivers because they only see the short term benefits and they are generally quite dim and seen to be unable to grasp the big picture, stupid is as stupid does, work through your break because you are paid, and then whinge about £8 an hour, I would laugh but the sadness prevents it.

Now being self that is different , but when I was employed I only did it to benefit myself , ie(Friday ) 4am start from Wallingford to Chester ,Wythenshawe and Manchester and back to Wallingford , drive to Chester reverse on door ,stick it on break “tip” ,drive to Wythenshawe "tip " ,drive to Manchester “tip” ,drive down say "warwick " have two hours break , that way you miss the traffic at Hilton , your are ahead but your catch up later , now the idiots who raced home are only benefiting the company if your on a hourly rate .

We all do it some time !!! :open_mouth:

Being on removals , I stick it on break every time I stop for a tea , that could be 6 or 7 times a day , whilst on local moves :laughing: , so im having more breaks then I need to but it looks good on the tacho if the Vosa pull me .

Q.When VOSA pull up and catch you tipping on break and you give the reason is that your boss pushes you to do so,do you think when they ring or visit you boss he will confirm that he tells you to tip on break■■?

Answers on a post card please.

If you are sat in the cab not doing anything for 45 mins, then it is fine, but I would also stop for a proper break if I wanted to.