WILLI BETZ

Hi, im a newbie on here guys, and have heard a ot of not so nice things about Willi Betz. BUT have got the chance of a job trunking with them…whats the verdict ■■ :question:

regards
Hooner

welcome hooner.

I have no idea what they are like, but I am sure there are a couple of people on here who will be able to help.

:wink:

username willie betz can probaly help with you that

If you are happy to work for very low wages, be away from home for months at a time and share your cab with a Bulgarian, I am sure you will get a job with them, have a look round the service stations on Christmas day, you will be able to ask some of their drivers coz they will all be parked up all over the UK & Europe on the 25th Dec

jimti:
If you are happy to work for very low wages, be away from home for months at a time and share your cab with a Bulgarian, I am sure you will get a job with them, have a look round the service stations on Christmas day, you will be able to ask some of their drivers coz they will all be parked up all over the UK & Europe on the 25th Dec

and dont forget the you also get a trailer filled with food and a barbecue and plastic chairs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but your passenger must wear the white socks for the dash

jimti:

At a guess i think he might be talking about the Toyota contract as he is in the Midlands.

hooner betz pays uk rates of pay from what i know the toyota job is a goodun by law he must pay the minium wage but i do know he pays more.if you go for the euro work see kw as he nows works for betz as they took over edwards logistics european who kw worked for.if you wanna know anything about betz in general ask ben or betz as he,s known on here :laughing:

jammymutt:

jimti:

At a guess i think he might be talking about the Toyota contract as he is in the Midlands.

I think your right , there have been various reports about pay being good etc but I just could not bring myself to work for that company, I would be embarrassed to recieve a paypack with willi betz on :exclamation: and I would feel even more shamefaced to be seen climbing out of a betz truck at the end of the day at some truckstop .

The above is just my view and maybe if I was unemployable I would swallow my pride and change my thoughts just to keep food on the table until a decent employer appeared on the horizon and saved me from what I would see as a personal nightmare.

Willi Betz UK Ltd have lots of british drivers for UK trunking work not europe tramping work but if you want european work, try ask Belgium or Dutch or Germany Willi Betz GMBH

Willli Betz UK doing trunking around the Toyotas car contract

Collects the items from south then drive up to North (Derby/North Birmingham)

Two Depot in Newport Pagnell and Lichfield I think…

I am not Betz driver, just only Willi Betz fan :smiley: :sunglasses:

Cheers Ben

unless you have a good number and diont want to leave, id say the best thing to do is just go and work for them, it’ll soon be plain if theyre crap or decent!

Hooner, i’m in exactly the same boat. I’m just going to give it a go and see what happens mate.

not every job suits every one we are all different ,
i would rather do a job that i wanted to do than a job
that pay’s good money because they dont last.
I would give it a try you might find you like it,
most drivers wouldn’t even try it because the name

anyway hooner welcome to trucknet and good luck
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

pugwash:
Hooner, i’m in exactly the same boat. I’m just going to give it a go and see what happens mate.

are you from the Burton area also matey…?

I had a good chat to most people in the area, and they have nothing bad to say about the Midlands based depot…my main concern was the legal side of things, i`m strong enough to make a stand and change from within (if its required), but i will not do anything illeagal…

Money has been discussed and it`s as good, if not better than most for the type of work in the same area…sometimes being made redundant forces your hand at xmas time…

ps,
thanks to all for the reply`s…

Mal:
unless you have a good number and diont want to leave, id say the best thing to do is just go and work for them, it’ll soon be plain if theyre crap or decent!

Good advice that mal.
Give it a go Hooner

I’m from Brownhills Hooner.
I’m going to give it a go. It will be a bit of a culture shock to start with as im used to staying out all week, started off on euro for a couple of years as soon as i past my test then i’ve been UK tramping for the last six months.
The plan is to try something like this and spend some time at home for a change, after all, i’m paying for it.

Any idea what the average take home is Hooner? I’ve got the hourly rates but do you know what the real world wages are because sometimes the two are completely different.

it seems like a good job home everynight and i was quoted as £8.50 a hour. i thought it was based at shenstone thats why i decided not to go for it as its along way from swadlincote

jon

pugwash:

I’m from Brownhills Hooner.
I’m going to give it a go. It will be a bit of a culture shock to start with as im used to staying out all week, started off on euro for a couple of years as soon as i past my test then i’ve been UK tramping for the last six months.
The plan is to try something like this and spend some time at home for a change, after all, i’m paying for it.

Any idea what the average take home is Hooner? I’ve got the hourly rates but do you know what the real world wages are because sometimes the two are completely different.

word of mouth for night trunking is approx £10.50 an hour…48 hour week.

I speak to most of the lads on a weekly basis as we park in the same yard. It seems as though the 8.50 and 10.50 is the difference in night work.

When I came home today there are some brand new container skellies sat in the depot. That should worry some of you container wallahs :stuck_out_tongue: