Wilkinsons rdc magor

anybody been to wilkinsons rdc in magor■■? would like to know do they allow you to arrive early or are they strict with their times?? i have a 1.30pm booking tomorrow but would like to get there about 10.30 if i could get tipped.

also what would be the best way from north yorkshire?? i am thinking m1, m42, m5, m4, but think that way involves the severn bridge, am i right■■? i want to avoid tolls if poss

Instead of going M4 and on the bridge…Go down the M50 to the M4.

bigvern1:

thanks, that would take me by ross on wye and monmouth. not been that way for a long time, mostly dual carriageway via that route isnt it??

selby newcomer:

bigvern1:

thanks, that would take me by ross on wye and monmouth. not been that way for a long time, mostly dual carriageway via that route isnt it??

All dual Carriageway, few roundabouts, and 1 set traffic lights.

It’s been awhile since I’ve been there and they use to let you in early but there is usually a pile of trucks in there so be prepared to wait.The canteen is spot on though and it’s very cheap.

Thetaff:
It’s been awhile since I’ve been there and they use to let you in early but there is usually a pile of trucks in there so be prepared to wait.The canteen is spot on though and it’s very cheap.

if they are anything like wilkinsons rdc in worksop, they only let you in 30 mins before booking time.

the canteen sounds good, i have got a full load to tip and then a full load of pallets to collect from them too, so canteen will come in handy

Used to be a lot more friendly / accomodating than Worksop :smiley: … not been for 2 years so may be “out of date” … but used to be ok to go in early … try “playing dumb” @ the gatehouse … " oh … ive got a different booking time on my run-sheet" :wink: :wink:

The Rustler:
Used to be a lot more friendly / accomodating than Worksop :smiley: … not been for 2 years so may be “out of date” … but used to be ok to go in early … try “playing dumb” @ the gatehouse … " oh … ive got a different booking time on my run-sheet" :wink: :wink:

i know what you mean about worksop, i had a bolt in my tyre when i got there the other day, they were goin to make me leave the site after tipping me as they didnt want to let ATS on site to replace my tyres, i refused to leave as tyre was totally flat.

think i will try the “playing dumb” trick, i am on holiday from tomorrow and have got a minimum 4 hour drive back to the yard, so want to get done a bit earlier if i can :slight_smile:

Thetaff:
The canteen is spot on though and it’s very cheap.

Haven’t been for a while, but when I went last, The Taff’s description is spot on. You pass it as you drive through security. It’s on the left hand side going towards the yard.

Ken.

So, ‘Selbynewcomer’ - how was your exciting trip to Magor?

He’s probably on a flight to Blackpool now with the family?

If it was anything like my delivery in there today he had a nightmare!
Got there for a 7am booking and it took 3.5 hours to tip and check me.
why do some drivers insist on holding the queue up by doing their curtain straps up on the tipping bays??
I’m sure they do it on purpose as they can see drivers waiting to get on the bays,its not as if theres loads of bays to tip on.

Only saving grace as thetaff says,spot on canteen and as much free tea and coffee as you can drink.