Wilkinsons Worksop

Now i dont have much to do with RDC,s so any ideas what this place is like? i have a 12.15 booking but then a reload at chesterfield by 2pm, will Wilko,s let you in early?

Edit, i know where it is just wondered what its like in there

At Worksop I always found them to be spot on with me the last time I was in. Don’t turn up too early, say 4 hours beforehand, but I would say within an hour.

If your load is straightforward, then you should be ok. If it’s a mixed load, then obviously it will take time to check.

Don’t go into the top gate as it’s used for their own, but go into the bottom gate towards the bottom of the hill on the right, about 200 yards after the top entrance. Drive straight through security with a wave. They usually see you coming and lift the barrier.

Ken.

Depends what your tipping we take boxes in and it’s always a 2 to 3 hr tip. I used to go in there on general and it was quickish… Sign at the gatehouse say’s half an hour before booking time but not sure how stringent they are nowadays…

Very stringent last week.Half hour before booking time max. or they throw you out.

its a curtain i,m tipping, is it through the side or back door?

looks like i better not go much before 11.30 then for a 12.15

i dont know how you fellas do this all the time mind, i,m used to just having a delivery day not an actual time

As said 30mins max before your booking. Personally never known them to be too quick.
IIRC had a 08:30 booking, didnt get on bay until after 12:00 and left there about 16:30

ETA: NINJA’D BY OP:…i saw both happening

you’re gonna be late for Chesterfield :wink:

hope this helps :grimacing:

oh, and as already said, MAX half hour before booking time :wink:

chaversdad:
its a curtain i,m tipping, is it through the side or back door?

looks like i better not go much before 11.30 then for a 12.15

i dont know how you fellas do this all the time mind, i,m used to just having a delivery day not an actual time

Suppose you just get used to it early you take your chance… Late if they want it they’ll tip you if not you wait… I tramp Monday to Friday /Saturday so times are irrelevant if you get my drift…!

If I’m going to an RDC of any sort, in a curtainsider, I always assume it will be on a bay backdoor tip and make sure it’s loaded on that basis before I leave if more than one drop on. Only thing is you can run into problems with weight doing this.

side tip at wilko.

dont get there too early and youll normally get done double quick.canteen facilities open to outside drivers.
one of the best tips I do.
if youre comin off the a1 2nd gate on the right...if youre comin off the m1 1st gate on the left

hth

Couldnt fault the place, got there at 11.45 left at 12.30
Nice friendly people as well