Who's broke down this week?

I’v had a ■■■■ week for breakdown’s! Monday the clutch packed in, recovered and repaired at a local company!! Friday i felt a wobble in steering and realised both front tyres were worn like 50p’s, so phoned boss to arrange new tyres when i got back to yard on saturday morning, then i gets into asda washington on saturday morning and the prop shaft sheered the bolts that hold it on to gearbox, wrecked the retarder, gearbox oil cooler, gearbox actuator, prop joint, prop centre bearing etc etc, so recovered again!!! took to scania to asses the damage, repair bill was so high that the local company that repaired it on monday are coming good for the repairs as they had prop out to recover it. So they were heading down to washington to collect it to take it back to there depot to fix it.not getting it back till tuesday at earlist, so i had to bring a 480 v8 rental truck home, rentals are disgusting, this 1 looked like a farmer had been keeping his dogs in it.

I did, right in the middle of the Dartford crossing :blush: still not there long and did not course too much trouble. Crossing guys really helpful. Only in the recovery parking for 3hours, thanks Scania! Handbrake quick valve broke.

TONY530I:
I’v had a [zb] week for breakdown’s!
so i had to bring a 480 v8 rental truck home, rentals are disgusting, this 1 looked like a farmer had been keeping his dogs in it.

mine aint a rental truck tony :wink: and its like that everyday
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

who is the gobby person on trucknet that says it is always DAFs that break down? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

first two breakdowns in this thread are… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh BTW daz, did you find out if it was your inner wheel bearing or your diff on your scania that was knackered?

we"d better make it the first 3 threads then,cos my head gasket went on monday
(daf cf 07 plate 411000 kms).

shuttlespanker:
who is the gobby person on trucknet that says it is always DAFs that break down? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

first two breakdowns in this thread are… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh BTW daz, did you find out if it was your inner wheel bearing or your diff on your scania that was knackered?

:blush: :blush: … yer,yer,yer, 1 to you!!!

yep sure did cpt spanky, £12, repair :wink: outer oil seal, but changed innner/outer bearings aswell while i had it in bits, since the bearnings came F.O.C wasnt a bad £££ repair

buck73:
we"d better make it the first 3 threads then,cos my head gasket went on monday
(daf cf 07 plate 411000 kms).

ooooooooh,oooooooooooooooh,oooooooooooooooooh is that a daf i am hearing with yet a head gasket prob there buck,
ooooooooooh,ooooooooooooh cpt spanky i think we may get 1 all :laughing: at this rate, phaaaaaaaa em down hill kettle boilers ey,
i hope your taking em down hill boilers cpt spanky to peterboro■■? coz heres johnny :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

There I was admiring all that "bling ", on your “new to me R580”, in your earlier post; Then Bump!!, down to earth with a bang, in this post. Still, it will be looking nice, parked up in Scanias,or wherever, getting all those repairs done.

Sort of.
went in for service wedneday night,drove home thursday morning and noticed oil under neath when I got back.
Calls them out and it transpired the night fitter had nipped two seals when replacing rocker covers.
Could have been an expensive breakdown.

an airbag on my trailer went pop on wednesday night at colsterworth truckstop while i filled up

The local company proberly reused the original bolts on the prop shaft, Scania advises to replace the bolts instead. As you will testify, they won’t last long and will do serious damage.

robv8:
The local company proberly reused the original bolts on the prop shaft, Scania advises to replace the bolts instead. As you will testify, they won’t last long and will do serious damage.

Boss just been on phone and says the old girl fixed and ready for battle once again, so we’l c what this week brings!!!

Clutch went went on my car, had to be recovered home, couldn’t get a garage to repair it straight away, £310 repair bill!! plus I bought another car as a run around to get me to work, more expense!! Total nightmare of a week, just short of a grand out of pocket :frowning: