Who did you train with?

me ?, i trained with Robinsons LGV based in Purfleet, and i couldnt wish for a better instructor, Steve, a really nice bloke, i had my training all last week , test on the thursday 12.6,08 at Purfleet, i first took my test back in 1994 but failed it back then, so decided i would try again and this time found it much better, its all a learning curve, you get better all the time at this.its what makes you a good driver.so, with any luck, next week i,ll pass, i,m thinking of doing my class 1 with Robinsons, as im chuffed with the training i received with them.

I took my training with Mike at Tyneside Training (see blog) passed class c last Thursday so it must have been good. Will definitely take c+e with them.

GOOD LUCK FOR NEXT WEEK!

NTS in Norwich for my C,
Red Dragon, Cardiff for my C+E

Zenith-Lee on Solent,did HIAB with them as well,cant fault them :laughing:
Simon :smiley:

The now defunct Clearstone for my Class C. Tockwith Training Services York for C+E, Tockwith are 1 to 1 and excellent instructors.

Did the first week of class 2 and 2 tests out of enfield with ace training at sawbridgeworth and then did the third test with DTT out of bury st edmunds with the test in norwich and passed with four minors…cant fault either driving school or
instructors both cracking places to train with…would be going back to do my class 1 but its up to my present employer as they are paying!

Did my Class C with Tockwith Training @ York. Can’t fault them.1 to 1 training. Great bunch & very professional

DLT in Bridgend for both

Had Mike for class 2 and he is awesome

classic quote “You wouldn’t ■■■■ the left ■■■ without the right so remember left ■■■ right ■■■” talking about checking mirrors

and Richard for class 1 both had similar teaching styles which suited me and for both is 2:1 basis

i passed my test at featherstone with west midland transport training
group who were based at kingswinford opposite penesnet trading estate
in a bedford tm

red dragon cardiff for class c

Who did you train with?

Me. :slight_smile:

roadwise training in pembrokeshire, they were excellent.

Tyne and Wear LGV based in Jarrow,

Pricey, but very good, I had no compaints.

There is a training school in Sunderland I would NOT recommend to ANYONE, if you want to know who they are PM me.

Why would I not recommend them? Well, when I upgraded my Cat D from auto to manual, I used these, and all the instructor did was sit AT THE BACK OF THE BUS AND SMOKE!

I failed that test, and when the examiner asked why i did not want the instructor present for the debrief, i told him that all of the things, ALL of the things I failed on, were NEVER mentioned to me.

So now, whenever I get the chance, I tell people why I would NEVER use these people again.

The instructor by the way, was and is, the owner of the business.

Rant over!

L & T Transport in Wakefield, did C and C+E
first class kit and trainers

J&G Transport Slaithwaite, one to one, passed C and C+E first time, John is a top bloke (imho)

I did my class C with 1st class trucking. they had an total lack of training skills.
The instructor selected reverse gear 3 times by mistake just trying to get the truck moving on the first morning. not a great start.

Did my class C+E with ACE of Sawbridgeworth and they were fantastic, a great instructor and a great vehicle to train in.

I noticed that fazer put WHEN he trained in the first post and it may be useful if others would do the same as companies and instructors do change over the years.
I was just thinking that if I was a newbie looking for a recommendation on here then knowing how old the recommendation was might influence my decision or prompt me to find out what the company is like now.

doing my class c next month with tockwith training
tidy gear top people :smiley:

ROG:
I was just thinking that if I was a newbie looking for a recommendation on here then knowing how old the recommendation was might influence my decision or prompt me to find out what the company is like now.

I thought the same; it’s been 6 years since I did my training and I’m not 100% sure my instructor is still going as I got the impression he was close to retirement then.

did both my classes with Ritchies glasgow - they where really good but my one gripe is that they teach you to pass the test not drive the motor - should have seen the state of me when i first went out on the artics - i wis pish at it shakey like a leaf as well - got through the first week without any accidents and never looked back.