Which Tyres?

Coming up to time to replace the steer tyres, always used Michelins on the front axle, but their prices seem to bound upwards beyond belief, so much so that my tyre man refuses to stock them, and only orders specially.
As a comparrison, the 215/17.5 tyres for the trailer are
Michelin £200
Hankook £90, bonkers or what :angry:
Not sure about Hankooks as steers though, and I don’t mind spending a bit more on the sharp end :stuck_out_tongue:
He also stocks Bridgestones and Pirellis.
Any suggestions :question:

Big Joe:
Coming up to time to replace the steer tyres, always used Michelins on the front axle, but their prices seem to bound upwards beyond belief, so much so that my tyre man refuses to stock them, and only orders specially.
As a comparrison, the 215/17.5 tyres for the trailer are
Michelin £200
Hankook £90, bonkers or what :angry:
Not sure about Hankooks as steers though, and I don’t mind spending a bit more on the sharp end :stuck_out_tongue:
He also stocks Bridgestones and Pirellis.
Any suggestions :question:

Bridgestones are quite canny, wearing better than the Michelin A grade but not as good as the E grade ones, They also have a beller ‘feel’ to them IMO. And are priced slightly better. I would have a look at Good Year as well, although I don’t think they wear as well as Bridgestone or Michelin, only my opinion mind, says he reaching for his tin hat. I wouldn’t personally put owt else on the front of my truck. Although I would try just about anything after the 1st axle :smiley:

Currently got a Hankook and a Bridgestone on my steer, no difference in the wear on either. Have had Hankook’s for a while and can’t really fault them at all.

Yip,
have Hankooks on the steers too,I’m happy enough.
Can’t say the same about my drives though :exclamation: :unamused:
I’ve tried Hankook,Toyo,Semperit and Continental and none of them seem to wear great on the quarry work as I need a new set every 8 months or so. :cry:

Big Truck:
Yip,
I’ve tried Hankook,Toyo,Semperit and Continental and none of them seem to wear great on the quarry work as I need a new set every 8 months or so. :cry:[/quote

Michy XDE2 remixes, hard as hell, you slide all over, but they wear brilliantly, even on quarry work :smiley:

renaultman:

Big Truck:
Yip,
I’ve tried Hankook,Toyo,Semperit and Continental and none of them seem to wear great on the quarry work as I need a new set every 8 months or so. :cry:
[/quote

Michy XDE2 remixes, hard as hell, you slide all over, but they wear brilliantly, even on quarry work :smiley:

I’ll have to have a “jeff duke” at those then, :slight_smile: pricey :question:

Big Truck:

renaultman:

Big Truck:
Yip,
[/quote

I’ll have to have a “jeff duke” at those then, :slight_smile: pricey :question:

Remoulds are about the same price as a brand new ‘mid level brand’ over here :frowning:

I put Bridgestones on the steers. I’ve had 110,000kms from the last steer I changed, not bad for a six-wheeler running quarry work full weight 50% of the time.

I tried Double Coin steers and only had 30,000kms out of them! :open_mouth: :frowning:

However, I’ve got a mix of Hankook, Double Coin and Bridgestones on the rears and the Double Coins are proving just as good so far… :wink:

bridgestones on the front for me as well,i usually get another 6 months out of them on the middle steer after being on the front

chaversdad:
bridgestones on the front for me as well,i usually get another 6 months out of them on the middle steer after being on the front

I can’t get them to fit on mine :laughing:

see what you mean :smiley: :smiley:

I use continental on the trailer and the drive axle. Put bridgestones on the steer axle. To be honest, i’m lucky if i get full wear from the continentals as they usually grow a sidewall bulge or just blow off the rim thru overloadin or bad (forest) roads. P.S. Bridgestone 350 euro Continental 300 euro + vat.

Looks like its going to be bye bye Michelins, hello Bridgestones :smiley: