Which Truck for you?

Following on from the volvo v scania debate. This is a question i like to ask other drivers.
If you were given free reign to choose your own truck what would it be? Totally from a drivers point of view, so no consideration given to running costs/fuel consumption/reliability etc. Choose what truck and what spec you would like.

I will start the ball rolling with Renault Magnum with biggest possible engine and all the toys please.

I did axactly what you ask and got a Mercedes Actros 1846 LS. Powershift12 .Sideskirts to hide the adblue tank and wood dash. They come with arhorns as standard in Ireland and they put the beacons and spots on a bar. Wouldnt change a thing.

I would’ve said a Scania until i got an FH12 when on the grain. Liked the i-shift and seating was so much better on my back than a scani ever was.

Just before i got my hernia op 4 weeks ago, i was on a DAF CF, manual box killed of what was left of my abdominal muscle and i’m looking to get back into FH or XF as long as they are auto boxes [for the time being]

ellies dad:
I did axactly what you ask and got a Mercedes Actros 1846 LS. Powershift12 .Sideskirts to hide the adblue tank and wood dash. They come with arhorns as standard in Ireland and they put the beacons and spots on a bar. Wouldnt change a thing.

Sounds good!!
The mercs seem to be popular in eire.

im a convert to renault now…

was a volvo man…but i prefer renault.

I’m a Volvo fan myself…not keen on Scania or Merc.

I do like the look of the XF 105’s too.

So, either and FH16 with the biggest cab and engine available, or the same spec Daf 105 for me. :smiley: (it’ll never happen though…unless I start doing the lottery etc :wink: ).

turnip:

ellies dad:

Sounds good!!
The mercs seem to be popular in eire.

There like a posh woman,eventually you will be a good boy for them.

MAN TGX XXL. 6x2 (midlift) with 2 exhaust stacks, and a decent size engine.

NB

daf xf 105 ssc

IVECO Stralis ES 560 with the two tone Leather interior, matching carpet and the “soft touch” dash colour option (instead of the plasticky looking standard Silver).

Side skirts with the chrome side pipes as well…ooh and perhaps a few extra lights…

Top bunk option with the two “downstairs” (;)) seats either side of the centre pedestal “table”

Exterior finish would be either black, or the Leipzig Gray

I like this game :smiley:

Alex

Originally I was a ERF/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ man but that option isnt available nowadays, I loved the original DAF SuperSpace but think now its a bit behind the rest, The Scania T cab I had I would get back in tomorrow, but again its no longer an option,

I know many of you will slate me for this, but the most comfortable and usable cab I have been in recently is the Stralis. In my opinion it has easily the best worked out cab enviroment, I freely admit the fixtures and fittings are not the best quality, but the layout is second to none…

Now drop a big ■■■■■■■ under the cab and then you would have a truck to beat all others :wink: :wink:

for me it would have to be one like this

in black though

Rikki-UK:
I know many of you will slate me for this, but the most comfortable and usable cab I have been in recently is the Stralis. In my opinion it has easily the best worked out cab enviroment,

And isn’t that what it’s all about for a driver?? Sure we all want them to go well but when you are on nights away , comfort is the watchword.

i turned down last friday a brand new out of the box DAF xf105 to keep my 5 year old MAN xxl cabbed truck and wait till next year for the new MAN to arrive but if the boss said i could have anything would choose a renault magnum too had one brand new on a N plate and a new X plate so would like to try the new one

Renault Magnum… top spec… all the toys…

If I had enough money after a good lottery win, You would never see me inside the cab of another bloody lorry again as long as I lived! :laughing:

merc 1861 for me :smiley:

if i could av any new truck i wud swap my 03 irish plated 460globetrotter for a r620 topline wit the classic trim 6x2 with twin stacks and all the kelsa toys to go with it

(p.s im new here so hello all )

ive gone from a r-plated volvo fl6 to an 03 plated merc 1823 curtain to comply with kens LEZ , stacks more room and comfort, but if it was up to me, itd be a magnum but as im only a humble class 2, there`s more chance of a beatles re-union!!

Longline