Which river crossing?

tomorrow i’ve got several drops in essex ending at dagenham then the last one in walton on thames i’m thinking either wollich ferry or blackwall tunnel definately not dartford. i’m in an artic with 13’10 city trailer if it makes any difference. which is best option? plus is there anywhere to park near walton on thames??

But they’ll both put you the wrong side of London for going out to Walton.I’d think about North Circular over Kew Bridge-Sunbury-Walton.

I’m a local in these parts.

Use Dartford and all around the M25…it really is the best route despite the crossing delays.

I went to Surrey Quays today,used the Woolwich Ferry ( 2 Ferries running ) not used it for a while,so made a nice change.
Either that or Blackwall Tunnel,your choice.

You could go round the North Circular,A40 to A312 to A30 and take a break on the A308 ( road between A30 and M3 )I used to take my breaks here,when I used to deliver to Sainsburys at Walton on Thames.
Hope this helps.

Mr B:
tomorrow i’ve got several drops in essex ending at dagenham then the last one in walton on thames i’m thinking either wollich ferry or blackwall tunnel definately not dartford. i’m in an artic with 13’10 city trailer if it makes any difference. which is best option? plus is there anywhere to park near walton on thames??

IIRC you’re too high for the Blackwell tunnel. IIRC 13’4 up and 13’9 down.

DAFMAD:

Mr B:

IIRC you’re too high for the Blackwell tunnel. IIRC 13’4 up and 13’9 down.

No problem sarfbarnd

206doorman:
I’m a local in these parts.

Use Dartford and all around the M25…it really is the best route despite the crossing delays.

He’s right, it’s the sensible way to go, the North & South Circular are not even worth considering, if you really want to run through the middle then follow the A13 into London & take the Limehouse Link just after the Canning Town Flyover, follow that until Southwark Bridge & switch sides of the river, then follow the river to Vauxhall Cross (this is around the point where you’ll wish you had gone around the M25 :open_mouth: :laughing: ) & take the A3, if you hit the traffic lights wrong or there’s any kind of roadworks/accidents/random causes of traffic, then it’ll take you 3hrs or so, of course you could fly through in just over an hour, which coincidentally is about the time it’ll take on the M25, unless it’s closed of course :unamused:

Blackwall Tunnel southbound is higher than 13’9"

i’m pretty sure the tunnel is is over 15ft southbound but north bound it is about 3’9"

They have a site scroll down for facts and restrictions.
blackwalltunnel.com/#Facts1

DAFMAD:

getting away from the original question. i’ve been southbound with a standard trailer 14’2" with no problems.

my sat nav says the best route should take 9 hour going around the m25 so i need to know if there’s a better route, otherwise i need to think about where to overnite in or near walton on thames

Mr B:
i’m pretty sure the tunnel is is over 15ft southbound but north bound it is about 3’9"

15’6" south bound
13’2" north bound

Mr B:

The ferry will be slow, might well have an hour waiting time. Take the tunnel.

DAFMAD:

Sarfbarnd, 4.72 metres = 15.4855643 feet

Norff, 4.0 metres =13.4 feet :question: :question:

But as mentioned it is probably quicker to nip out on the A13 from Dagenham then it is to nip in towards Poplar :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

DAFMAD:

But as mentioned it is probably quicker to nip out on the A13 from Dagenham then it is to nip in towards Poplar :stuck_out_tongue:

It ain’t sarfbarnd it’s safband an I don’t fink vat vere’s 2 f’s in norf eever. :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

DAFMAD:

It ain’t sarfbarnd it’s safband an I don’t fink vat vere’s 2 f’s in norf eever. :laughing: :laughing:

Oi listen all you mockneys, it’s sarfband right an derz always two fs in norff, same as smiff :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

DAFMAD:

Oi listen all you mockneys, it’s sarfband right an derz always two fs in norff, same as smiff :laughing: :laughing:

My surname often gets an imaginary H from people who think I cannot speak proper like. I can spell my name out, yet they still manage to add an H

It was a pet hate of my mothers, it was passed on to my brother and myself. even at his funeral, part of the eulogy included his famous retort. “There is no F in H” It made the family smile at a very sad time :slight_smile:

I use it quite often on official documents