Which Drivers?

What country do you think has the best and the worst drivers? Mostly trucks. But you can metion the cars since they make some stupid moves!!

They are all equal in their ratio of stupid/bad drivers and good ones. I have seen examples of good and courteous driving and examples of dangerous things in every country I have driven in.

I am sure the drivers of Italy, France and Belgium will be mentioned, and I am betting this thread won’t be here long before the Poles get a slating, but I don’t think they are any worse than those of the UK. The peripherique round Paris can be a nightmare of a road, with some crazy things happening on it, but I think if it was populated by British drivers instead of French it would be far worse with many more accidents.

Coffeeholic:
…if it was populated by British drivers instead of French it would be far worse with many more accidents.

I couldn’t agree more. Although foreign drivers drive like lunatics, they seem to know how to drive; British motorists haven’t got a clue. Most of them couldn’t drive a greasy stick up a dog’s backside, let alone a car!

good one brummie :laughing:

brummie:
Most of them couldn’t drive a greasy stick up a dog’s backside, let alone a car!

I can drive an arctic, rigid wagon and drag a car , car and trailer but i re4ally dont think i could do that to a dog.

There are probably good and bad drivers everywhere as i have never driven a lorry aborad i cant comment but having been to the South of France on holiday (Cannes) for the last 5/6 years i find the French are ok courtesy is not in their nature when driving but they seem to be more laid back than the British drivers, maybe its to do with the short hours they work and holidays they have everyone in Britain seems to want to get to their destination before they leave their departure place.

I dont know how much influence it has on it but when i go there i drive a French registered car.

Jammy
Try living here then and putting up with them every day!!!

I think Germany have by far the greatest drivers :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

Looking at the scrape on the bridge abutment that car started at the bottom, that’s quite impressive, it takes a special sort of idiot to achive such fete’s of motoring. :unamused: :laughing:

I can drive an artic,rigid waggon and drag a car, car and trailer but I really don’t think I could do that to a dog

With a handle like jammy MUTT I can understand why :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bearing in mind that is a left hand drive car, I wonder if she opened her driver’s door and got out? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Bearing in mind that is a left hand drive car, I wonder if she opened her driver’s door and got out? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

SHE■■? :open_mouth:

(Waiting for Lucy to respond) :unamused:

Big Mike:
What country do you think has the best and the worst drivers? Mostly trucks. But you can metion the cars since they make some stupid moves!!

From what i see (crash hat on!) i think the UK has a bigger percentage of bad HGV drivers than car drivers, but hey what do i know i only drove for about 20 years!

The worst place I ever drove in was Hong Kong, The worst driver I was ever with was a Ghurka. Straight through the red lights and over a six lane highway and never turned a hair. I on the other hand am now permenantly grey. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Martin:
SHE■■? :open_mouth:

SHE didn’t want to stop on the hard shoulder for fear of getting a £30 fine!!! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i think the picture says it all. she got herself stuck and who helps her out? a TRUCKER :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scanny77:
i think the picture says it all. she got herself stuck and who helps her out? a TRUCKER :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How do you work that out? All I can see is Fueurwehr (German Firefighters)!

SHE turns out to be a HE. The web address, superimposed on the bridge, takes you to a site that basically says women drivers are safer than men (statistically)!

Vic Reeves:
93% of statistics are made up…

the car is about to be lifted by a HIAB. what is that attached to■■?

scanny77:
the car is about to be lifted by a HIAB. what is that attached to■■?

A fire appliance perhaps? The uniforms and blue lights on the top of the cab give it away!!!

Not one to criticise the emergency services but …oh ■■■■ it yes i am why dont the silly ■■■■■ lift it from the top?.

It would surely be a quicker and safer lift to go up and over than up and under?.

:slight_smile::slight_smile:

jammymutt:
It would surely be a quicker and safer lift to go up and over than up and under?

Unfortunately the Germans have this knack of complicating things…!