Where is it?Solved!

If you look carefully,there’s a clue!Mind you,you need good eyes.

Romania…somewhere!!!

Very close.

bestbooties:

If you look carefully,there’s a clue!Mind you,you need good eyes.

It looks like a over filled belly tank, so i would say it was that big lay-by near Gyor, Hungary,and you got three liters of diesel for one Deutsch Mark.

The road signs look German but I’ll guess at Hungary

Correct mushroomman.
I said there was a clue if you had good eyes.The roadsign in the background does say Gyor.

bestbooties:
Correct mushroomman.
I said there was a clue if you had good eyes.The roadsign in the background does say Gyor.

Hi Ian, you said there was a clue if you had good eyes, sorry I missed the road sign. The used Tetley tea bag on the ground was a dead give a way.It looks like one of mine and is about two days old.
By the way, I guessed the Volos ferry picture,but only saw it three days after it had been solved. Please keep on sending your great contributions to the truck net site Ian. All your adventures facinate me, (and no doubt loads of other drivers) , especially the one about the bullet. That story rang a old bell,as they say.
Did it take place just before Christmas 1982 ■■?. Alan Morrey and myself were tipping in Istanbul, and I think you were telling Alan all about it, while we were having a meal in the Mocamp. We were the only three British drivers there that night and I seem to think we shared a taxi to Tahki Kochmans office the following day. Alan and I set off that afternoon and got as far Budapest, where we got a flight to London, and got home at nine o clock on Christmas eve.
If it wasnt the week before Christmas 1982, I dont know where I heard about this incident, but I do remember seeing the black Volvo, the yellow and blue Pro Motor and the Litcor Merc on a few occasions in the early eighties. Regards Steve.

mushroomman:

bestbooties:
Correct mushroomman.

Hi Ian, you said there was a clue if you had good eyes, sorry I missed the road sign. The used Tetley tea bag on the ground was a dead give a way.It looks like one of mine and is about two days old.
By the way, I guessed the Volos ferry picture,but only saw it three days after it had been solved. Please keep on sending your great contributions to the truck net site Ian. All your adventures facinate me, (and no doubt loads of other drivers) , especially the one about the bullet. That story rang a old bell,as they say.
Did it take place just before Christmas 1982 ■■?. Alan Morrey and myself were tipping in Istanbul, and I think you were telling Alan all about it, while we were having a meal in the Mocamp. We were the only three British drivers there that night and I seem to think we shared a taxi to Tahki Kochmans office the following day. Alan and I set off that afternoon and got as far Budapest, where we got a flight to London, and got home at nine o clock on Christmas eve.
If it wasnt the week before Christmas 1982, I dont know where I heard about this incident, but I do remember seeing the black Volvo, the yellow and blue Pro Motor and the Litcor Merc on a few occasions in the early eighties. Regards Steve.

Steve,
Can’t think that it was just before Christmas,and I think it was earlier than 1982.I will have to search back through my old passports to see if I can date the event any more accurately.
I was there for a few days and I saw quite a number of lads I had not seen for some time.The only guys I have a have a recollection of seeing were a couple of Alan Daysons drivers who knew the ■■■■■■■■ who had sabotaged the Simon International motor.
The motor was a Volvo F89 and I think the colour scheme was not the usual SI blue and white,but a beige colour scheme we started using in Stoke.
The yellow and blue Scanias I drove were for Expo Freight.

bestbooties:

mushroomman:

bestbooties:
Correct mushroomman.

Steve,
Can’t think that it was just before Christmas,and I think it was earlier than 1982.I will have to search back through my old passports to see if I can date the event any more accurately.
I was there for a few days and I saw quite a number of lads I had not seen for some time.The only guys I have a have a recollection of seeing were a couple of Alan Daysons drivers who knew the [zb] who had sabotaged the Simon International motor.
The motor was a Volvo F89 and I think the colour scheme was not the usual SI blue and white,but a beige colour scheme we started using in Stoke.
The yellow and blue Scanias I drove were for Expo Freight.

Ian,
sorry, I made a mistake there, I really should proof read. Of course, the yellow and blue Scania ran for Expo Freight, not as I mentioned Pro Motors. I am fairly certain of the dates, as I also checked my passports and this was the nearest Christmas Turkish stamp that I have got, ( apart from one stamp on Christmas eve at Kapikule, a couple of years later.)

This has only got me more baffled , as to where I heard this story.

You better put my name down for a copy of your book, before the first edition sells out. Good luck with it Ian, regards the mushroomman.

[
Ian, I have looked through my old passports again this morning and I am now wondering did this incident happen in June 1980■■? My truck was also in Aydins for a week, after the head gasket had blown near Diyarbakir, in eastern Turkey. We had to piggy back it, all the way up to Istanbul, knowing that Aydin would do a brilliant job. I seem to think that I met Errol Flynn on this trip but I am not sure if it was on the Mocamp. This story is starting to drive me mad now, trying to work out where I heard it first. Regards Steve.