Where is This ??

Hullo,
Just a few photos from my recent drive around Europe. There may be a few places here that you may remember. Have a look and see if you can. I can only download 10 photos it says, so I will put on a few more in a moment.
Cheers, Archie.

Hullo,
I can only put on 10 pictures at a time, so I’ll put on another batch in a few moments. :smiley: :smiley:

Hullo,
Just a few more,

Some great old photographs there Mr Paice. Almost good enough for 28 days later.

The Hotel Wien looks a bit worse for wear, or does it? Maybe it was always that bad!

Wheel Nut:
Some great old photographs there Mr Paice. Almost good enough for 28 days later.

The Hotel Wien looks a bit worse for wear, or does it? Maybe it was always that bad!

The Resto Route of Le Mistral and others on the N6

You have been busy Archie, I hope You was on pay. Put the borders back up I say the world was a better place & We had a chance to earn a living. Le Mistral, I liked it in there.

Blimey Archie, that was some trip :open_mouth:

They do bring back memories of good times and bad :sunglasses:

First one is at Ghyvelde and the third one, the brick hut is what used to be the Customs Office on the Belgian side of “the corridor” at Adinkerke. Had many a T-form stamped there back in the day.

Will work on the others later.

Le Pub at Bourg didnt look very busy. Many a weekend spent there and at the Mistrel. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hullo,

Yes Malc, you were right on two of them, mind you the Hotel Wien was self explanetary, was’nt it. (28 days :question: ) And so was Harry Monk on his guess, as was Andrew v8.
Cheers, Archie.

Archie, Id say that Albinis office is at Prato, cheers Crow.

geoffthecrowtaylor:
Archie, Id say that Albinis office is at Prato, cheers Crow.

Hullo Geoff,
Spot on mate. How’s the life over there ? I’ve just got back home and it’s F,F,F,Freezing here. I’m off to Brasil in a fortnight. Have an Anisette on me tonight mate. :sunglasses: :laughing:
Cheers, Archie.
p.s. I thought you would have recognised two of the other pictures, unfortunately serarch as I did, I could’nt find that bloody low 4 m Bridge. :smiley:

Is the 2nd one looking North from the 3rd one ?

Suedehead:
Is the 2nd one looking North from the 3rd one ?

Hullo,
More East, but yes. :smiley: :smiley:
Cheers, Archie

hi archie the pub at bourg 7.5 ton weight through town we all did it !! is one jayat and the other english mans down the road ■■ oh and maybe the one with the zebra crossing is can’t remember but used to stop before nipping round [o chi min] to senlis?

legin66:
hi archie the pub at bourg 7.5 ton weight through town we all did it !! is one jayat and the other english mans down the road ■■ oh and maybe the one with the zebra crossing is can’t remember but used to stop before nipping round [o chi min] to senlis?

Hullo,
Yes the Pub de Noirefontaine is correct, but Jayat and Ho Chi Min are not. :frowning: :frowning:
Cheers, Archie.

Morning Archie , Auberge St Cyr has to be the Bakehouse as regards the others memory is dimming but will work on it ,regards Crow.

geoffthecrowtaylor:
Morning Archie , Auberge St Cyr has to be the Bakehouse as regards the others memory is dimming but will work on it ,regards Crow.

Hullo Geoff,
Bang on mate. Yes this is the place everybody was talking about a few weeks ago, unfortunately it was closed on Wednesdays so we did’nt get a meal. I did speak to one of the Natives though and he told me Ms Raimond died 18 or 19 years ago. Still it was good to see it again.
Cheers, Archie.

Archie 4,5, and 6 are a German Czech border but I can t remember which one Crow. Or is it Herleshausen DDR.No its got me beat, first language over the lanes is Czech but it is reminiscent of the border control not Herleshausen the DDR side, Eisenach maybe where the dogs ran up the ladder and sniffed round your tilt roof but if it is why language in CZ, it looks very familiar but can t put my finger on it.

geoffthecrowtaylor:
Archie 4,5, and 6 are a German Czech border but I can t remember which one Crow. Or is it Herleshausen DDR.No its got me beat, first language over the lanes is Czech but it is reminiscent of the border control not Herleshausen the DDR side, Eisenach maybe where the dogs ran up the ladder and sniffed round your tilt roof but if it is why language in CZ, it looks very familiar but can t put my finger on it.

Hullo Geoff,
Your nearly there mate, you are right the writing is in Czecko. Do you know I never recognised the German side at all, and you get there on all new roads. Now it’s all a big commercial park. It was only as I was going downhill and entering a left hand bend I saw a building in front of me that I recognised as the old Zollhause. I should have turned round and snapped it, but I did’nt. In fact on the Czec side the first thing is a big Service station with cheap Gazole, then that area is also a large commercial / tourist shops, ■■■■ and booze. What a change and not a sniffer dog in sight.
Cheers, Archie.