Where are the new drivers gone

it’s all gone quiet in this forum,is this down to driver shorage that we don’t have new drivers coming through,or are they all sat on the fence,or is it that they don’t like mal :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and don’t want to post silly questions :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
or is it that they don’t like mal :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :

Are we allowed to agree with this opinion or would it constitute a personal attack ?.
The other option KitKat is that having been sat on the fence reading they fell off & injured them selves having read some of the opinions expressed.
Either that or they remembered that old saying, show me the friends & I will show you the man & decided not to be friends with us.

I am still hear with hangover and
I dont mean me belly even thoe
I cannot see me feet :smiley:

New driver!
Just started friday 15th October, or does that make me a veteran now?
I look like a veteran :frowning:
Gordy

Gordy:
New driver!
Just started friday 15th October, or does that make me a veteran now?
I look like a veteran :frowning:
Gordy

no :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: still a baby :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m still here, still consider mself a new driver, just haven’t driven anything bigger than my car for the last six months. :laughing:

Just joined today , thanks to a link from Gordy . So i’ve haven’t had much chance yet. Wish I had found the site before when I was learning. Still got a lot to learn though. Just want to keep clear of any accidents even little ones not easy though, going by the amount of accidents some of the drivers on the firm have.

knight:
Just joined today , thanks to a link from Gordy . So i’ve haven’t had much chance yet. Wish I had found the site before when I was learning. Still got a lot to learn though. Just want to keep clear of any accidents even little ones not easy though, going by the amount of accidents some of the drivers on the firm have.

give you one tip knight don’t ask any of them for advise then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:and welcome to trucknet knight :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: all silly question’s will be answered with out taking the micky honest :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hehe im still about but last few weeks living 5 days in a class 2 i aint had alot of time to post…must say tho learn somthing new every day still…esp where the good showers are :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We are all out doing the rubbish jobs in our rigids, grovelling to our employers, so we can get some free Class 1 training and join you guy’s, havin an easy life in your bendy’s… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Luv
Chrisie…

Waiting for my first (real) C+E job. :frowning:

Hi new Driver here!

Just did a free trial drive today and have my theory test on 9th December. You cant get much newer than that ! Did the trial drive with road train at south Mimms, any feedback from anyone? I brushed the kerb a few times and messed up a few roundabouts it feels like learning to drive again. I am wondering how I could pass a test after just 5 days training.

I work in McDonald’s as a restaurant Manager and have had enough of customers, bosses the responsibility etc. But funnily enough i have approached our supplier Golden West and they have expressed interest once I have my licence. If nothing else it would be a good start to get some experience :stuck_out_tongue:

Would that be my local McDonalds by any chance? :wink: :smiley:

Welcome to TruckNet and don’t forget, with your current experience, when you are after your first job and they make you a pay offer don’t forget to ask them if they would like to supersize it. :wink:

:laughing: Oh come on I’ve heard all the jokes before!!!

No I am at St. Albans city centre the one that is falling apart and never has enough staff! been stuck (in the job) since leaving school, good pay at my level but I really have had enough. Looked into c+e training and finally saw a way out. Should of done it a long time ago.

Good to see a fellow Lutonian :wink: Although i am actually from Hemel Hempstead

I thought you had to have at least 3 degrees above 2-1 to flip burgers @ MacDonalds Iomaxter. Your qualifications to be a store manager must be cosmic :sunglasses: . If it’s not been said allready, welcome to the madhouse :wink: .

:smiley: If I had a degree I would’nt be working there!! Anyway they stopped "flipping " Burgers about 10 years ago they now get squashed and usually cremated in what is known as a clamshell grill. If i told you any more I would have to kill you :stuck_out_tongue: Trade secrets!

Welcome to TruckNet lomaxter!

Good luck in your new vocation and remember the only daft question is the one you didnt ask!

Trucking isnt for every burger flipper but as long as your prepaired to learn and keep on learning then you will be suited to life on the road! and you will enjoy it.

welcome to trucknet lomaxter

lomaxter:
Hi new Driver here!

I am wondering how I could pass a test after just 5 days training.

:stuck_out_tongue:

When you get one to one instruction it’s amazing how much you absorb.
Good luck
Gordy

lomaxter:
:smiley: If I had a degree I would’nt be working there!! Anyway they stopped "flipping " Burgers about 10 years ago they now get squashed and usually cremated in what is known as a clamshell grill. If i told you any more I would have to kill you :stuck_out_tongue: Trade secrets!

I stand corrected :grimacing:. Not been in for donkeys years :wink: .