Whats York like?

I,m going to York next weekend 23rd i just wondered if anyone could recommend anything to do or see, i,m going with the kids, so probably wont get a chance to see many pubs.
:frowning::(:frowning:

the viking experience is a good visit as is the railway museum

pam

Try the Castle Museum too, lots to see and do. Or just a walk around the walls and cliffords tower

York is very nice!

The railway Museum is great and now Free to get in :open_mouth:
If the weather is OK try a Barge, A boozy Cruse on the ouse :smiley: :smiley:

The Shambles, the railway museum, the city walls, a very historical city.

Once inside the old city walls it is very easy to get a feel of how York was in the olden days… many old building remain…
I agree with the others that the Railway Museum is well worth a visit… and the Viking centre

remember to take your bows and arrows it is still legal in York to shoot a Scotsman on sight :slight_smile: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Rikki that is only lawon a Sunday as as i am led to believe so i should be ok as all the Englishmen will all be practising their archery :slight_smile::).

I just hope im not the target:):).

If the weather is good then you should have a great day eyeing up the totty :laughing: York, Newark and Nottingham are defo my favourite totty places to be :exclamation: :laughing: Qualityrama.

you must take the kids to the pub for sunday dinner.
a proper yorkshire pud twice the size of the plate with all the meat, veg and gravy inside. gotta be done.

Setting off in shortly Dave i love Sunday lunch its the greatest invention to come from the English even though they were far and few between.

best part off york :

the a64 out of the (zb) place

lived here 30 years and hate the place.

hope you enjoyed your break though :slight_smile:

shopping great :smiley:

deliviering the stuff to the shop,its a right pain in the rear :blush:

jon