Whats this switch for?

Drove a 56 plate Premium last Sunday, and couldnt work out what this switch was for. Any ideas?

nope, not got a clue :blush:

do what i do when i dont know what a button does
i press it to see
better if your stationary though

did it have twin tanks on? i had an old volvo with a switch like that to transfer fuel from one tank to the other, don’t know if it’s the same.

looks like a petrol pump with a gun to it’s head and a voice from the right that probably shouted - DON’T DO IT :exclamation: :exclamation:

PS - I think the top one is a door handle :wink:

as on a volvo, used to either help prime the fuel system and to drain fuel tank of water, dash lights up to tell you.

If its raining when your fuelling up, flick that switch and an awning extends
thus sheltering you from the elements
:laughing:

have u a manual??
More likely to be twin fuel tank pump…or water check switch light for any water in the fuel filters…click the switch and it should either light up or will light up a yellow/orange light on the dash.

Possibly for bleeding the fuel filter, as John said the Volvo’s are the same.

Press that switch whilst driving if you’re doing one or all of the following: texting, phoning, rolling ■■■, reading, pleasuring yourself when certain HATO’s pass, and automatically venetian blinds quickly descend, thus saving you from having things posted about you here.

Its a james bond switch to spray fuel all over the place to stop anyone overtakeing you.

ive got that switch on my magnum.as john sussex posted,its to do with water in the fuel system.according to the manual its to bleed water from the fuel control when instructed by a dash light ,i suppose :confused: ive had my truck over 2yrs and never had to use it.then again,ive never filled the fuel tank with water :laughing: :laughing:

bleed water from the fuel is what it says on the Volvo too but its a primer/bleeder for the engin. hold the button and turn the ignition on and it will drain and prime the system for you, handy when you run out of the old go go juice as i did once or twice over europe and saved £ssss

Had something like that on a B-series ERF to only be used on frosty mornings fuel filter dehumidfier. Sent 24 volts through an element in fuel filter casing.

john-sussex:
as on a volvo, used to either help prime the fuel system and to drain fuel tank of water, dash lights up to tell you.

spot on

think we had a similar thing was a fuel heater when the weather got really cold would heat up the lines and stop water getting through

where are all the so called pros on here,that switch when pressed two times adjusts the moleculal structure of the fule at injection,this allows the vehicle to double the miles to the gallon it can only be used when there is only five gallon left in tank it allows you to get to the nearest pump

fuse:
where are all the so called pros on here,that switch when pressed two times adjusts the moleculal structure of the fule at injection,this allows the vehicle to double the miles to the gallon it can only be used when there is only five gallon left in tank it allows you to get to the nearest pump

Ah . . . but if you click it three times and say “theres no place like home”
that five gallons will get you all the way to Kansas

nice one suedehead

I thought you would all know, its the bloody ejector seat switch… :unamused: :unamused: