What was the first ever post on trucknetuk

heres one for you, im just wondering, what was the first post on trucknetuk■■? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

bubsy06:
Welcome to the New TruckNet UK Forums - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

That was the first post on the last boards we had another board before that :wink: :grimacing:

mrs mix:

bubsy06:
Welcome to the New TruckNet UK Forums - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

That was the first post on the last boards we had another board before that :wink: :grimacing:

Yeh the link to the old boards does not work

:confused:

There have been two TruckNet boards before this latest version, and other, smaller, forums before that which were agglomerated into TruckNet when it first started. Rikki is the man to ask about this.

the 1st post was rikki welcoming everyone, when we split from the US trucknet.

mrs mix:

bubsy06:

I thought that mite of taken some thinking,how wrong was i, lol… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it was Hello my name is Rikki, I’m new to trucknet.
The second post was by Rikki.
It read welcome to trucknet, nice to see new members joining in the fun debates. :smiley:

The real question is when wa the first dissagreement on trucknet? :smiley:

I reckon it was the 3rd post. :laughing:

muckles:
It read welcome to trucknet, nice to see new members joining in the fun debates. :smiley:

No it wasn’t. (only kidding). :laughing: :laughing:

Andy smg:

muckles:

No it wasn’t. (only kidding). :laughing: :laughing:

the second post was from Rog “have you read MIND DRIVING?”

The second post was either about

40 mph truck limit’s for HGV’s.

or

HATO’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

or

Inside/middle and out side lane on motorways or maybe as some say Slow lanes and fast lanes!!!

or

Why certain type’s of truck driver’s cut people up when they overtake and pull back in without indicating.

or

TROLLEYDOLLYS doing 38mph :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

or

CB radio’s.

or

the legal definition of what is defined as a “dual” carriageway and a “single” carriageway.

He’s another question

What were the first topics to get “removed for review” and “locked” :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Don’t know what the first was, but this is the latest

pecjam23:
The second post was either about

40 mph truck limit’s for HGV’s.

or

HATO’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

or

Inside/middle and out side lane on motorways or maybe as some say Slow lanes and fast lanes!!!

or

Why certain type’s of truck driver’s cut people up when they overtake and pull back in without indicating.

or

TROLLEYDOLLYS doing 38mph :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

or

CB radio’s.

or

the legal definition of what is defined as a “dual” carriageway and a “single” carriageway.

Actually it was “can I drive a tractor unit on a class 2 licence?” :smiley:

mmmmm
i was 10 when these boards was created does that make u feel old?

pecjam23:
The second post was either about HATO’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

there was no HATOs when trucknet started :laughing:

biggusdickusgb:

pecjam23:
The second post was either about HATO’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

there was no HATOs when trucknet started :laughing:

The first ones didn’t go live till 2005-ish!!

Can’t remember that far back, although it says I joined in 2003 I seem to remember everything getting wiped and having to re-join then, am I right ■■?

you’re right willy, i can’t remember exactly the date but the PDA was started in 2002 by trucknet members
so its older than that

I was on trucknet when it all took off, posting regularly. Nowadays though the posts move so fast. Trucknet has outlasted a lot of sites that have come and disappeared.