Are Trucknet no longer friends?

Is this site no longer linked to Trucknet? The liks in the top right hand corner have all gone, surely even if there is no tie between the two sites any longer, a link is not too much to ask, is it?

No idea, but it also seems we are not even linked to The Insider any more either. :wink: :smiley:

How come this post was moved? Am I not a UK proffesional driver discussing something? and therefore should this post not be in the UK drivers discussion part of this site? OR… has it been shunted off down the little used sidings, to be ignored and forgotten … I am neither Dr David Kelly or Princess Diana you know! :laughing:

Anyway…

Hmmm, so much for this then…

Rikki-UK:
Thanks to those members who have shown support, and those who while wary are still willing to actually wait and see what happens rather than speculate and predict doom and gloom :wink: :smiley:

couple points…

TruckNet UK WILL NOT become a pay website (Ofiicial from the guy in RBI with responsibility for TruckNet UK)
I wont teel you his exact words to me, but they were along the lines of it wont become a paysite as long has he has an opening in his posterior :wink:

I think most of the other points are covered by the reassurances from Roger Williams in his statement… Nothing will change
The TruckNet UK name will stay for the foreseeable future, and we continue to be hosted on Truck.Nets servers.
I intend to go and enjoy my Christmas now with my family , I will look ionto this thread when I can, but will leave any indepth answers until after the Christmas holidays

Have a good holiday all… :wink:

Especially this bit …

Rikki-UK:
I think most of the other points are covered by the reassurances from Roger Williams in his statement… Nothing will change
The TruckNet UK name will stay for the foreseeable future, and we continue to be hosted on Truck.Nets servers.

I wonder how much faith can be put in this bit …

Rikki-UK:
TruckNet UK WILL NOT become a pay website (Ofiicial from the guy in RBI with responsibility for TruckNet UK)
I wont teel you his exact words to me, but they were along the lines of it wont become a paysite as long has he has an opening in his posterior :wink:

And, on an unrelated subject…

How come I have been a member for longer than Rikki? I thought it was his site?!

Rikki-UK
Community Manager

Rikki used the Rikki-UK username on the old boards, but when we started up these new ones he just registered as TruckNet UK and used that. Then I started running the forums so it was inappropriate for him to use that username as a personal one so we reregistered his old name and just kept the TNUK one for “offishul” stuff - we scrapped the username TruckNet Accounts at around the same time…Hope that makes some sort of sense…

Talking of Rikki, he’ll bring you up to speed on the rest later, no doubt…but for now suffice to say we are still best of friends with TNUSA (was over there posting today, in fact) and AFAIK the button-changes aren’t yet complete. The whole of the rest of the site is getting a rebuild eventually, so bear with us, all will make far more sense in time…

Tramper:
How come this post was moved? Am I not a UK proffesional driver discussing something? and therefore should this post not be in the UK drivers discussion part of this site? OR… has it been shunted off down the little used sidings, to be ignored and forgotten

I assume it is because of the subject matter Tramper, feedback on the way the site is organised, but that is my view not an official one.
As regards being shunted out of sight, don’t you, and I would have thought most members, use the ‘Posts since last visit’ facility? I do and after my duty of checking out my 2 forums is done, pay no attention to which forum a thread is in but click on the subject matter that interests me.

The apparent lack of this facility on a certain revamped rival has deterred me from re-registering there. Perhaps that was the intention :wink: :laughing:

Spardo:

Tramper:
How come this post was moved? Am I not a UK proffesional driver discussing something? and therefore should this post not be in the UK drivers discussion part of this site? OR… has it been shunted off down the little used sidings, to be ignored and forgotten

I assume it is because of the subject matter Tramper, feedback on the way the site is organised, but that is my view not an official one.

It was the reason I moved it. The Feedback Forum seemed the most appropriate for, well feedback. :wink: :smiley:

Spardo:
[As regards being shunted out of sight, don’t you, and I would have thought most members, use the ‘Posts since last visit’ facility? I do and after my duty of checking out my 2 forums is done, pay no attention to which forum a thread is in but click on the subject matter that interests me.

I look at new posts in the PDF ,Owner drivers and the Pictures forums, I never even venture into the rest and honestly dont think I’ve ever looked right down here.

Spardo:
The apparent lack of this facility on a certain revamped rival has deterred me from re-registering there. Perhaps that was the intention :wink: :laughing:

I can’t comment on facilities on offer but Admin styles seem to be proving a talking point! :laughing:

Spardo:

Tramper:

As regards being shunted out of sight, don’t you, and I would have thought most members, use the ‘Posts since last visit’ facility? I do and after my duty of checking out my 2 forums is done, pay no attention to which forum a thread is in but click on the subject matter that interests me.

well thank the lord for that…you talk a load of drivel anyway

Coffeeholic:
It was the reason I moved it. The Feedback Forum seemed the most appropriate for, well feedback. :wink: :smiley:

Oh, so it was you was it! :laughing:
Anyway, whats with the red and white? As all of us south of the boarder know, theres only two teams in Scotland and they play in green& White and Blue & White. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In answer…

This site has always been always had ongoing cosmetic and software upgrades… and is continuing to do so. the buttons at the top of the forum pages along with some link changes on the front page reflect our partnership with roadtransport.com.

The button changes are not complete, the last being changed at 10.45 on Friday night, at which point I and our tech guy in the USA decided enough was enough for one week!!

We are still served on Truck.Net’s servers and have a close working relationship with them, but we are no longer “in business” with the USA website.

How you get from a few cosmetic change -to " How do we trust the statement on not becoming a pay site " really baffles me…

TruckNet UK has always evolved and changed, many of those changes were not aparent to the user but were server and backend software changes, this will continue, Investigations into better software and upgrades are on-going, discussions on adding features and services are taking place. Surely all these are good things, things we have always done, and will lead to extra benefits for the user.

The statement stands, nothing changes we continue doing what we have always done, constantly refining and developing Trucknet Uk for the benefit of the user,free of charge

Rikki-UK:
The statement stands, nothing changes we continue doing what we have always done, constantly refining and developing Trucknet Uk for the benefit of the user,free of charge

Ok, other than the changes that have already been made to Trucknet UK, there will be no changes.
Will we get the link to the US Site back?

We will continue to do what we have always done, constantly update and upgrade the website.

There is still a link to the USA website on the forums, but as we are no longer in business with them , the main lnks will reflect our current partners instead.

Rikki-UK:
We will continue to do what we have always done, constantly update and upgrade the website.

There is still a link to the USA website on the forums, but as we are no longer in business with them , the main lnks will reflect our current partners instead.

Christ Rikki, put any more spin on it and you will be up for Primeminister, the man only asked if the links were coming back, a simple yes or no would suffice, not 2 paragraphs that say neither. :smiley:

ohterry:
well thank the lord for that…you talk a load of drivel anyway

Wow! Coming out of the closet into the open now Terry? No more nasty Private Messages? :open_mouth: :laughing:

oh shut up man.cantankeris old ■■■■ :sunglasses:

ohterry:
oh shut up man.cantankeris old ■■■■ :sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BTW, spellchecker - cantankerous. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: