What type of truck does your boss buy?

Commercial Motor is running a straw poll to see what the buying patterns are for driver’s bosses. Three choices are available but if you wish to add any comments please do.
Know that the poll will be published in Commercial Motor, with accreditation to TruckNet UK and its contributing members. All comments published from the poll will be anonymous.
Thank you
Kevin
Used vehicle editor
Commercial Motor

Ok’d and stickied by Rikki

Voted new . One of the usual and now everywhere logistic companies that own us .

Leased

I Voted new, as thats what the last 2 trucks have been, and thats what we will be looking for in the future, but we don’t rule out very good s/h or ex demo. All depends on the price really

buy new volvo , lease new scania.

Leased new.

my bosses buy only new trucks and only MAN or mercedes,nomaly every 3 years,

Voted new.

However they insist on buying Iveco’s :cry:

Currently replacing the fleet with FH13 6x2, 480’s with I-shift. Nice bits of kit but a bit thirsty in auto, lucky to average late 8’s fully freighted.

New - because dont all big fleets?

Voted new

new and leased megaspace merc 2545 cant beat em :smiley:

s

New XFs and CFs all super space.

I have to vote both, because all our fleet was bought new, but the boss is on a buying spree of other companies at the moment so has bought a lot of used second hand trucks in these deals.

They have also had DAF in the yard pushing hard with the 105XF but DAF cannot keep up with demand apparently