New Truck! Wish list for items you would like

I am potentially ordering brand spanking new trucks!

If you were being told that you were getting a new truck and they wanted your input on what toys to get for it, air suspension, built in sat nav etc, what would you ask for?

Serious and silly answers accepted!

If you are the boss you buy what you need to do a job
i am a driver i drive it for you

fridge,microwave,air conditioning pod,kelsa bars,foglights,air horn,side skirts

pigpen:

Agreed! :smiley:

briscoe05:

pigpen:

Agreed! :smiley:

Lol! The point I making is that I have a budget for goodies! What would you want?

Cab comforts don’t bother me, so long as its got a decent radio with speakers that don’t distort.

Good engine, one thats on top of the job.

Competent gearbox, anything except the current automated manuals found in DAF, MAN, Iveco, Mercedes etc, Scania OK cos its easily indeed better driven in manual override…manual preferred.

Good retarder, that excludes most exhaust brakes which make a noise and thats about the limit of their contribution, preferably Jake or equivalently effective like Volvo/Hino.

Driver controlled tractor tag axle, preferably able to be raised completely whilst loaded for a short time in order to gain traction and cut down on tyre scrub.

Sensible mirror placements, currently Scania and Daf are fair designs enabling non too intrusive vision when approaching junctions etc, some, Volvo MAN in particular (probably others), are far too large and poorly sited, Volvo wouldn’t be so bad if wide angle mirror had been fitted on top and view through space between the mirrors, as on Scania.

Rear windows fitted, at the very least the NSR cab panel to have a full size window (not MAN’s silly sliver of glass) fitted to aid blindside manoeuvers and junction exiting.

not being a tramp I don’t need a lot of extras
but on the premium I am forced to drive I like the blue-tooth to link my phone into radio also the usb input for memory sticks and the phono socket for my mp3 player
it really could do with 2 foot more on the foot-well so i can stretch my legs ( i’m only 5 10 ) but its still a bit cramped
hardly ever use the fridge as their always turned up to the max and it freezes everything

a half decent truck nav would be enjoyed i would think, accurate maps etc so as not to send you down silly roads! then the usuals id be happy with cruise etc. im a day driver so generally drive whatever given!
:grimacing:

to be honest, a new truck is good enough, I would personally worry about the business … rather than these “extra’s” why not give the drive an extra 10p if the budget allows you will retain your drivers. and they will/should respect the vehicle and the boss … remember it is your motor not theres if they really want the curtains and the blue “mark Dixon” lights then let them pay for it as long as they do nto damage your truck with holes all good.

Bluetooth is good the driver has no excuse to not answer huh unless they have a 3310 nokia !!

discoman:
to be honest, a new truck is good enough, I would personally worry about the business … rather than these “extra’s” why not give the drive an extra 10p if the budget allows you will retain your drivers. and they will/should respect the vehicle and the boss … remember it is your motor not theres if they really want the curtains and the blue “mark Dixon” lights then let them pay for it as long as they do nto damage your truck with holes all good.

Bluetooth is good the driver has no excuse to not answer huh unless they have a 3310 nokia !!

3310!! Wow your firm must be advanced!

Longline or equivalent, put a shower & toilet in it …

Leather heated seats
Double bunk
Microwave
Fridge
Freezer
Coffee maker
Heated mirrors
Climate control
Air conditioning
Sunroof
In cab moon lights
Trip computer
Bluetooth
Sound system with remote control
Manual gearbox
At least 500bhp
6x2 with rear tag axle that you can manually over ride
Twin 400L chrome tanks
Side skirts with marker lights
6 spot lights on the roof
A chrome bumper bar
Twin stacks
Alloys
Double rear lights
Colour coded everything including air tanks

That would do great cheers.

Depends on the job, if tramping and you dont pay parking then fridge and microwave would be nice. If you pay parking then dont bother with the microwave (unless your feeling flush :wink: ).
Decent stereo with aux in, bluetooth for the phone and decent speakers.
No need for auxilary air con unless your night tramping and sleeping during the day or doing international work.
How about a whacking great 2000+watt invertor on seperate batteries charged by split charge system so the driver can put there own microwave/tv etc in.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Leather heated seats
Double bunk
Microwave
Fridge
Freezer
Coffee maker
Heated mirrors
Climate control
Air conditioning
Sunroof
In cab moon lights
Trip computer
Bluetooth
Manual gearbox
At least 500bhp
Twin 400L chrome tanks
A chrome bumper bar
Twin stacks
Alloys
Double rear lights

AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREEEEEEEE … :grimacing:

Blue tooth
DAB radio
Fridge
Inverter
Factory Fitted Sat Nav
Microwave would be nice too but not a deal breaker.
:smiley:

Frilly curtains
6 spot lights on the bumper
sets of orange lights up the back of the air deflector
various coloured lights across the front and sides ( the more the merrier )
spanish bull fighter spears ( 1 on each side of the inside windscreen )
eu flags ( pref in a triangle shape in the windscreen )
T.I.R. plate
CB radio with twin antennas preferably one on each mirror arm
coffee machine on the dash, especially with a beer mat underneath ( pref heineken )
Doesnt matter about the rest of the cab or the engine size as i would be quite happy if it never moved, so long as i could sit and drool over it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Leather heated seats
Double bunk
Microwave
Fridge
Freezer
Coffee maker
Heated mirrors
Climate control
Air conditioning
Sunroof
In cab moon lights
Trip computer
Bluetooth
Manual gearbox
At least 500bhp
Twin 400L chrome tanks
A chrome bumper bar
Twin stacks
Alloys
Double rear lights

Everything except double bunk and sunroof I’d have aircon pod instead :slight_smile:

A serious reply from a tramper,

Full width cab with enough height to stand up in, steering mid axle, fridge, two bunks (top one is really useful for storage), air con, electric windows, central locking, a decent drivers seat (not leather) and thats it to be fair, cant see what more you’d need, dont understand the need for a big engine either, i’ve got a 480 and think its more than enough, if anything over powered.

Better wage and no sad bling…

What do those air con pods actually do? Apart from the obvious but what is different to the normal air con and what advantages is there? I’ve never had the pleasure!! It looks like it would mess up the air flow coming off my spot lights :slight_smile: