New Truck! Wish list for items you would like

Thanks guys some good answers so far. A couple that my guys came up with (bear in mind these are for rigid day drivers:

Rear wheel steer
Air horns
Freeview (obviously with a built in TV)
Guards to protect mirrors
Air suspension
Camera Kit
Truck Nav
Bose CD system, with bluetooth and aux jack
Full height tail lift with remote control
Night heaters

Some sensible answers, but some not so sensible!

Just buy me the new FH16 750… Nowt else needed

Saaamon:
A serious reply from a tramper,

Full width cab with enough height to stand up in, steering mid axle, fridge, two bunks (top one is really useful for storage), air con, electric windows, central locking, a decent drivers seat (not leather) and thats it to be fair, cant see what more you’d need, dont understand the need for a big engine either, i’ve got a 480 and think its more than enough, if anything over powered.

Did I pass you on the M5 earlier near Worcester?

Truckulent:
Better wage and no sad bling…

That wernt the question babe.

FarnboroughBoy11:

Saaamon:

Full width cab with enough height to stand up in, steering mid axle, fridge, two bunks (top one is really useful for storage), air con, electric windows, central locking, a decent drivers seat (not leather) and thats it to be fair, cant see what more you’d need, dont understand the need for a big engine either, i’ve got a 480 and think its more than enough, if anything over powered.

Not today mate, been felixstowe, croydon, felixstowe today. I have been looking out for you though it that flash motor of yours.

philmots:
Just buy me the new FH16 750… Nowt else needed

Seen one in a yard in Orsta Volda,Norway yesterday , i was passing in a taxi and didnt get chance to take a pic of it … :frowning: Looks a load better in the flesh than it does on paper…

460-520bhp - any more is overkill, any less would potentially struggle
6x2 Tag axle with twin wheels - the double drive look :smiley:
1 Light bar - preferably the kelsa eurobar
Double rear lights - I just like the look of them.
Bluetooth - got it in the car, great system

Other than that the usual, decent seats, good bunk, and a radio with MP3.

XF not CF

FarnboroughBoy11:
What do those air con pods actually do? Apart from the obvious but what is different to the normal air con and what advantages is there? I’ve never had the pleasure!! It looks like it would mess up the air flow coming off my spot lights :slight_smile:

They provide air con at night when you are sleeping and dont want to run the engine as its a/ noisy and b/expensive at around 2ltrs/hr. Theres no real need for them in the UK but in many parts of central and southern europe night time temperatures at midnight can be 38 degs C for weeks on end, not ideal for sleeping in, especially in a cab.

Mmmmmmm … wish list :confused:
clean
no dents
fully serviced
A radio/CD that works
A seat and steering wheel
A wheel in each corner with good tyres fitted
A night heater that works
A tank of fuel

What more could a driver want, beside reasonable pay to drive it

Rather drive an older truck and have a payrise tbh…

Saaamon:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Saaamon:

Not today mate, been felixstowe, croydon, felixstowe today. I have been looking out for you though it that flash motor of yours.

I saw some of yours in and around Harwich today, wondered if any of them was you (apart from the Polish one, guessed he probably wasn’t!). Any identifying marks to help spot yours?

Gary

One of them wash hand basins that heats the water so you can wash the hands before lunch ,roadside mechanics have them ,always wondered why they were never installed in trucks,even fridge men need to clean the paws and that’s usually clean work.but even for hygienic reasons .
I’m thinking of one myself ,I think there was a thread on here about them not to long ago with a link to where you can buy them.

bagpuss:
not being a tramp I don’t need a lot of extras
but on the premium I am forced to drive I like the blue-tooth to link my phone into radio also the usb input for memory sticks and the phono socket for my mp3 player
it really could do with 2 foot more on the foot-well so i can stretch my legs ( i’m only 5 10 ) but its still a bit cramped
hardly ever use the fridge as their always turned up to the max and it freezes everything

Its eay to adjust them you just turn a button.Lift the bunk and you will see

scaniason:

Saaamon:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Saaamon:

I saw some of yours in and around Harwich today, wondered if any of them was you (apart from the Polish one, guessed he probably wasn’t!). Any identifying marks to help spot yours?

Gary

Sorry to the op for thread hijacking :smiling_imp:
I’ve got my name (saaamon) in the window on the drivers side and a big table across the dash. Mines all white at the front around the wheel archs etc with a red bumper where as most of the other have the black plastic and a red bumper if that makes sense.

A daf xf cab with a scania v8 engine and volvo gearbox! If i was tramping as i dont nowadays i would like single bunk with lockers on the back wall,leather seats,air con,fridge,microwave,bluetooth and rubber floor mats.If on bulk work six spotlights on top for the dark dingy country lanes if not then no need for them.Durabright alloys they are easier to keep clean and a chequered catwalk.

Saaamon:

Also from a tramper,
a decent dash with a table top, like the new MAN has as it does come in usefull for the laptop etc, cupbourd space and most important a decent bed.

Madguy :imp:

Saaamon:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Saaamon:

Ah right, I lit everything up for ages!!! I really thought it was you. Your mate even gave me a wave back lol!!! It’s probably been bugging his brain all day. :slight_smile:

Hombre:

FarnboroughBoy11:
What do those air con pods actually do? Apart from the obvious but what is different to the normal air con and what advantages is there? I’ve never had the pleasure!! It looks like it would mess up the air flow coming off my spot lights :slight_smile:

They provide air con at night when you are sleeping and dont want to run the engine as its a/ noisy and b/expensive at around 2ltrs/hr. Theres no real need for them in the UK but in many parts of central and southern europe night time temperatures at midnight can be 38 degs C for weeks on end, not ideal for sleeping in, especially in a cab.

That sounds lovely actually, I wouldn’t mine being weekended on a beech in Spain with one of them.

A job working for you please you seem a good boss :smiley: