What Agency??????

Hi all. Since passing my Cat C licence I have been trawling through the internet looking at god knows how many agencies to sign upto. My question is can anyone recommend an agency that will be interested in taking on a newbie. I live in the north west (Chester area) and would happily drive thirty miles or so. Is it better to visit agency offices or knock on the doors of employers. Deeside, Wrexham and Warrington are within easy reach. I know I will have to start at the bottom if I’m lucky enough to get in but that doesn’t bother me as we all know its experience that counts… Any ideas would be appreciated

Tiger 1

if I was in your position I would sign up with all agency that you can also go cold calling but remember to go smart ( taking work clothes just in cast they ask you to do a test drive ) take plenty of CV with you s well to hand out you never know

I mus agree with the Ladt P on this. It’s a numbers game. Please read my blog post on finding an HGV job. May help.

Good luck and keep with it!

hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/blog/20 … iving-job/

hgvlgvtraining

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Im sending my Cvs out way I see it is yes Iam a new driver but there must still be companies who take on new drivers, if that wasnt the case there would come a point where there would be a shortage. Sent 50 letters off and still going, had one interview so far :slight_smile: just gotta keep on it all you can do

Proactive in Chester lob work my way quite often They would be worth a call but be prepared to do the odd bit of 7.5t work to build up your reputation. they do a fair bit of dray work for Matthew Clarke.

Cheers Warren…I’m waiting for my digi card to arrive but I will give them a call. Cheers mate

Only today have I had yet another agency wanting new drivers. They’ve got more work than drivers - so don’t be shy. Get out there and start work.

Reason the agencies are busy is that the recession caused a lot of cut backs everywhere. So drivers were finished all over the place as nothing was being sold so nothing needed delivering. But now things are picking up, there’s no drivers in place to do the work. So the operator has to contact agencies to get the work covered.

This is a prime time for new drivers to sign up and get the experience that is invaluable for getting a regular job.

Go for it and good luck. :laughing: :laughing:

Hi,

Another question for this subject if thats ok.
Im in the same boat, just passed and am looking for a chance. Now got my Digicard and licence back. Is it worth registering with as many agencies as you can or just stick with one.

Im with 2 at the mo but am quite tempted to try with a few more.

Thanks

Natsdad

Get your name out to all of the local agencies,also get business cards printed and dont be shy handing them out to firms that you work for hopefully next time they want a driver they will ask for you.If there is a Manpower near you get down there as they take folk on for Royal Mail work at this time of year.

allamcculloch,
Manpower is one of the ones i have registered with in Plymouth and ive filled the security bits in for Royal Mail, so its just a matter of waiting now. Gap is the other one…supposed to phone me last Friday, but they didnt.

Didn’t think of the business card idea, sounds good and will give it a try.

Thanks very much.

Registar with them all tbh then see who will give you the work as Im registered with 4 but 1 have giving me an on going contract