What a week!

It started off ok,I tipped a few pallets just outside Paris on Monday lunchtime and then shot over to Sens to part load for Jaguar.Then Tuesday morning up to Poix de Picardie to load a few more.
Then it started going wrong.
I’d just got up to the peage at Boulogne on the A16 and everything came to a halt.Well for the trucks it did.It turned out that the jolly Gendarmes had closed the motorway because of heavy snow.
So,I sat in the queue for five hours…

Then it was up to the tunnel and sit for another three hours!
The middle of the week went without a hitch.Until returning Thursday morning to Folkestone to get the train again,the M20 was like a battlefield,in fact this chap decided he was going to go back (I think)…

and there were several others that did the same!

The queue for the tunnel was almost back to J11,so I decided to try Dover.
I arrived at the P&O booth at 07.50,and drove off the boat in Calais eight hours later! Mind you,at 07.50 the next Norfolk Line sailing available was at 22.30!!!

The week ended loading at Ford Koln…
16 of these beauties…

six litre V12 engines for delivery to Aston Martin on Monday morning.
Now,I wonder if I can shoehorn one of 'em into my Scénic.Hmmm!

Great pic’s and wright up KW :smiley:

LOLOL KW …

I too shipped out from Dover, early hours Monday morning. On the way into London to pick the load up, I had popped in to see my Dad. His 2 sisters were there and were telling me how bad the snow was in Kent (They live in Chatham). They said there was about 3", I thought to myself yea, yea, yea.
So about 130am Monday, I left London and headed for the A2 to Dover. Was damned cold but nothing untoward…until I hit the Sittingbourne area!!!
By now it was snowing hard and as I was the only vehicle about, I kept on rolling along at about 50. I eventually caught up with a line of cars and a couple of trucks that wwere following a gritter!! The first one I had seen… by now it was only possible to use the inside lane!!! The motorway was completely covered.
The 2 trucks overtook the gritter but I hung back behind the cars figuring they wouldn’t be going far. Imagine my absolute amazement when we reached the end of the M2 and the gritter turned off the road!! As we went onto the A2, it was completely covered in snow without a tyre track on it. It was snowing that hard by now, it had covered the tracks of the 2 trucks that were ahead!
The cars seemed a bit nervous at this scenario so at this point, I whooped it past them and away up the hill. By the time I got to Dover, I weighed in half a ton heavier with all the snow and ice hanging on the trailer lol
Tipped and reloaded in Duisburg Monday morning. Left at 9pm that night and got back to Calais about 315am. I was booked onto the 130am ferry leaving at 445am!! While sat there, my outfit turned a pretty shade of white as it was like a blizzard there

Nice pics

KW:
It started off ok,I tipped a few pallets just outside Paris on Monday lunchtime and then shot over to Sens to part load for Jaguar.Then Tuesday morning up to Poix de Picardie to load a few more.
Then it started going wrong.
I’d just got up to the peage at Boulogne on the A16 and everything came to a halt.Well for the trucks it did.It turned out that the jolly Gendarmes had closed the motorway because of heavy snow.
So,I sat in the queue for five hours…so its not just here that falls apart when it snows,

Then it was up to the tunnel and sit for another three hours!
The middle of the week went without a hitch.Until returning Thursday morning to Folkestone to get the train again,the M20 was like a battlefield,in fact this chap decided he was going to go back (I think)…

and there were several others that did the same!

The queue for the tunnel was almost back to J11,so I decided to try Dover.
I arrived at the P&O booth at 07.50,and drove off the boat in Calais eight hours later! Mind you,at 07.50 the next Norfolk Line sailing available was at 22.30!!!

The week ended loading at Ford Koln…
16 of these beauties…

six litre V12 engines for delivery to Aston Martin on Monday morning.
Now,I wonder if I can shoehorn one of 'em into my Scénic.Hmmm!

TheBear:
LOLOL KW …

I too shipped out from Dover, early hours Monday morning. On the way into London to pick the load up, I had popped in to see my Dad. His 2 sisters were there and were telling me how bad the snow was in Kent (They live in Chatham). They said there was about 3", I thought to myself yea, yea, yea.
So about 130am Monday, I left London and headed for the A2 to Dover. Was damned cold but nothing untoward…until I hit the Sittingbourne area!!!
By now it was snowing hard and as I was the only vehicle about, I kept on rolling along at about 50. I eventually caught up with a line of cars and a couple of trucks that wwere following a gritter!! The first one I had seen… by now it was only possible to use the inside lane!!! The motorway was completely covered.
The 2 trucks overtook the gritter but I hung back behind the cars figuring they wouldn’t be going far. Imagine my absolute amazement when we reached the end of the M2 and the gritter turned off the road!! As we went onto the A2, it was completely covered in snow without a tyre track on it. It was snowing that hard by now, it had covered the tracks of the 2 trucks that were ahead!
The cars seemed a bit nervous at this scenario so at this point, I whooped it past them and away up the hill. By the time I got to Dover, I weighed in half a ton heavier with all the snow and ice hanging on the trailer lol
Tipped and reloaded in Duisburg Monday morning. Left at 9pm that night and got back to Calais about 315am. I was booked onto the 130am ferry leaving at 445am!! While sat there, my outfit turned a pretty shade of white as it was like a blizzard there

wife went to chatham to visit her mother still waiting for her to get back.mmm suppose every cloud as a silver lining.