Well boss............ Beer delivery

Boss: Can you deliver me this load of beer just up the M6?

Driver: Up the M6 you say, no problem!!!

P.s. hope the driver was ok, just a bit shaken i reckon, thank god i t wasn’t me i spose, happens to the best of us!!!

Forgot to say, the rear half of the load is about 300 yards behind him!!! J18 Crick northbound, and yes my handbrake was on!

Friend of mine saw this,and rung me,but he couldn’t work out how it had happened.

Any ideas?

Ken.

I`d like to know where the fork lift came from?

My father and i discussed this too!! I reckon he wasnt concentrating and failed to notice the que for Crick building up on the inside lane.

Obviously he’s performed an EXTREMELY violent swerve, for whatever reason, and the load stood no chance. Which does beg the question “How the hell did he keep it on its wheels!”

Either way i would not have wanted to be in the cab when he executed said manouvre!!! New pants anyone?

Forklift, thats not the half of it, they had 2 front loaders, skips and allsorts out of shot, it was 26 full pallets, it was EVERYWHERE!!!

Wouldn`t like the clean up bill for all that plant !!!

What a waste!!!

Gaz:
My father and i discussed this too!! I reckon he wasnt concentrating and failed to notice the que for Crick building up on the inside lane.

Obviously he’s performed an EXTREMELY violent swerve, for whatever reason, and the load stood no chance. Which does beg the question “How the hell did he keep it on its wheels!”

Either way i would not have wanted to be in the cab when he executed said manouvre!!! New pants anyone?

It would have to be one hell of a swerve to have tipped that lot out of the side … palletized stuff like that (yes, even beer) is pretty stable. He would have had to have it up on one side to have tipped it out.

TheBear:

Gaz:

It would have to be one hell of a swerve to have tipped that lot out of the side … palletized stuff like that (yes, even beer) is pretty stable. He would have had to have it up on one side to have tipped it out.

i know i think the same you normally just chuck a couple internal straps round the last to pallets.

Well i do this for a living (carry beer that is) and im buggered if i can work out what happened by looking at the pics :confused:

You can pretty much throw them loads around roundabouts (if thats the way you choose to drive) but in a straight line on a motorway :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

IMHO forward or backward momentum would have no real effect even slamming on (assuming he had the sense to strap the rear two)

And as said previously a swerve severe enough to cause that kind of carnage (just look at the posts) would surely have resulted in the trailer tipping over 1st

Wasn,t any low flying aircraft that day was there :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I detect a giant queue on your side too with rubberneckers gawping and taking photos. :unamused:

obviously the truck got the hicups. but the fact remains that the load was not secured correctly. for that there is no excuse.
beverley bell will spank his bottom. that could be fun. but maybe he’ll spill his load again. :laughing: :laughing:

what a waste :frowning: would of been cheaper and faster to just get a road sweeper in lol or better still just offer the drivers waiting in line to get past a crate each would of went straight away :laughing: beer doesnt budge that easily if it does think il slow down in future when passing jct 18 incase it trys to suicide jump of my truck :astonished:

26 pallets of beer !
If that was 90 24 packs to a pallet then it’s also overweight .

Pallets of beer don’t get strapped down the sides , they are loaded tight against each other and then a restraint across the rear 2 …
Must have been some swerve to do that …

paul@midway:
26 pallets of beer !

Pallets of beer don’t get strapped down the sides , they are loaded tight against each other and then a restraint across the rear 2 …

another ton before he’s at weight.

Notice the silver car on the other side of the Armco?

Perhaps that’s what caused him to swerve; if so he’s a lucky bloke to keep it upright.

i had a heart stopping moment last tuesday night in calais. was going off the autoroute to the pidou to getsome beer and was following a polish curtainsider round the roundabout when a piece of machinery around 15 foot long a 6 foot high ripped the side out of his curtain and plonked its self on the tarmac! oopps. bloke was ok just a bit baffled as he thought it was so heavy it wouldnt move on the trailer! then spent the next 10 minutes directing vehicles round the roundabout the wrong way until the police turned up. good news though i still got me beer!.. :laughing:

limeyphil:

paul@midway:
26 pallets of beer !

another ton before he’s at weight.

Nope !
26 pallets of 24 pack carling or grolsch standard sized cans and you are overweight …
With our trailers anyway and they take upto 29t .
Each pallet of the above is in the region 1200kgs , x 26 = 31200kgs

Go the weigh bridge with 26 on where I work and you are over .
Not going to argue over it , thats how it is …26 pallets of 24 pack is dodgy ground .

IMHO (hopefully Welshman will back me up if he reads this) Its very doubtful that he was overweight who says it was 26 pallets?? it may have been 24… who says that they were full pallets the customers can order by the amount of cases as well as by the full pallet i’ve carried part pallets often enough… And finally i’ve never been overweight on the weighbridge with 26 pallets of beer on and the brewery trailers are heavier than those aluminium Schmitz trailers