Want a new pickup?

Just go look at what the septics have come up with now…

Plenty of idiots will buy them, I’ll bet. I quite often see campers being pulled by similar trucks with lower bodies. Today I saw a KW T2000 that had been streched and made into a camper :laughing:

Great way to deal witn thise M5 traffic jams :smiley:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Only in the states… :unamused: Still… It’s the next logical step… I mean have you seen the size of their normal pickups… !!! You could park a transit in the back of most… :open_mouth:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

hehe stick a 5th wheel on the back and hey presto! mini trucking… a whole new concept!

PMSL

puts the old datsun pickups to shame a tad…hahahah :wink:

Alli,
You’ve been working with those Afrikaans guy’s too long there starting to brainwash you!!! :wink:
P.S. I got an e-mail from Jan,it looks like your all away behind with the harvest in the States this year and she’s looking some casual drivers for a month or two on the promise of a good deal from her,maybe some of the guy’s on here would be interested for the “craic” :question: :open_mouth:

tiggz:
hehe stick a 5th wheel on the back and hey presto! mini trucking… a whole new concept!

PMSL

Actually, here in the states, there is an entire segment of the trucking industry based on just such units. We call them “Hot Shots”. Usually, thy use the 3 1/2 ton super heavy-duty version of the big pickups (Ford or Dodge, mostly, but sometimes smaller Navistars, like the one mentioned), and a gooseneck trailer pulling behind it. These guys haul all sorts of ligh stiff like drainage hose, insulation board, conversion vans, even postal delivery trucks.

You sometimes see a similar thing here…Iveco certainly make a Turbo Daily Tractor unit and I saw an oldish VW LT35 one the other day.

Andyroo:
You sometimes see a similar thing here…Iveco certainly make a Turbo Daily Tractor unit and I saw an oldish VW LT35 one the other day.

Ive seen a transit also a few years back

Come to think, the one you see most often is the little Isuzu 7.5 tonner as a tractor unit. Last one I saw was pulling a blood donation trailer.

I often see a Transit based one parked up in Bicester. Someones Light Haulage.
What I’ve always wondered is what sort of licence do you need. Presumeably it cannot be over 3.5 t or the Tanny couldn’t haul it. So, do you drive these things on a normal car licence. And in spite of the weight thing it’s no smaller that some brewery artics, which I assume are C&E, but it’s still an “artic”.
Questions, questions :smiley:

I reckon a B+E like you need for a caravan, or maybe a C1+E for the Isuzu and Iveco ones which I guess are 6t to 7.5t.

Big Truck:
Alli,
You’ve been working with those Afrikaans guy’s too long there starting to brainwash you!!! :wink:
P.S. I got an e-mail from Jan,it looks like your all away behind with the harvest in the States this year and she’s looking some casual drivers for a month or two on the promise of a good deal from her,maybe some of the guy’s on here would be interested for the “craic” :question: :open_mouth:

Lol!
Well, the main international site only had the pics as a pdf, I found the SA site with a straight html page, so I put that up as it’s a lil easier on the old surfing muscles.
The grain harvest is waaaay out of whack. I’ve started spud hauling, and they’ve only just moved a big crew up to Langdon to get the grain up there. Mott’s Canola was a washout. The weather has been lousy this year for harvesting.