Walk round checks on tacho?

Just wondering,
Is it correct procedure to use “other work” on tacho for doing walk round checks before driving?
Also on digital tachos, is it correct that you can just set it to ‘other work’ and drive, as it will automatically record driving time anyway, when wheels are moving?

Thanks for any help.

yes

and yes

keano1:
Also on digital tachos, is it correct that you can just set it to ‘other work’ and drive, as it will automatically record driving time anyway, when wheels are moving?

Not just digital tacho heads. works on analogue as well unless it is a really really old one.

Cheers Dav & Coffee, It seems a bit of a minefield this tacho lark for someone just starting out.

Thanks again

keano1:
Just wondering,
Is it correct procedure to use “other work” on tacho for doing walk round checks before driving?

Thanks for any help.

Also, if you are stopped by VOSA and you have a light out for instance, you can show that you did take time to pre-check your vehicle. If the tacho shows rest, then drive, you don’t have a leg to stand on. I put my tacho onto other work for about 10 mins at the end of the day too while I do my paperwork - I am still working!

Didital tacho’s record driving when you are moving regardless of which mode it was on when you set off.

So, as has already been said - yes, and yes

big memo on board about this[ assume someone or a few ] have been pulled and not had anytime on tacho for doing checks.
so we have to have minimum 15 mins on tacho [ other work] betwween putting in tacho and driving off.

I always have a quick check round before getting into truck every morning. always have the same one so it is less of a chore.
then get in fill in tacho etc and go and have a ■■■. so that my tacho shows time for checking.

My last job of the day is to pre fill the next days tacho. This goes in straight after opening the door. It also backs up my timesheet if someone didn’t believe my hours it proves I am on the premises if I am on site for 1/2 hr before moving.

4am Alarm clock blings

Punch alarm clock

Alarm clock stops

Reach over from bunk, turn on ignition (not sure why I do that)

Insert smartcardthing - change mode to crossed hammers.

Reach to other side from bunk, turn on kettle.

Roll a ■■■.

Wait for kettle to boil - make tea.

Take a couple of slurps of tea - get dressed - open curtains. (Have to get that in the right order)

By the time that’s all done - !other work" has registered about enough to show as a Walk Round Check.

Job’s a good 'un

dambuster:
4am Alarm clock blings

Punch alarm clock

Alarm clock stops

Reach over from bunk, turn on ignition (not sure why I do that)

Insert smartcardthing - change mode to crossed hammers.

Reach to other side from bunk, turn on kettle.

Roll a ■■■.

Wait for kettle to boil - make tea.

Take a couple of slurps of tea - get dressed - open curtains. (Have to get that in the right order)

By the time that’s all done - !other work" has registered about enough to show as a Walk Round Check.

Job’s a good 'un

so no wash no brush of the teeth or a shower in this day and age no excuse

tramp

I always, always, always get scrubbed up before I go home on Fridays :laughing:

do you not need a leak bfore your tea while kettle is boiling,you could jump out have aleak walk round have a good cough then your all set

fuse:
do you not need a leak bfore your tea while kettle is boiling,you could jump out have aleak walk round have a good cough then your all set

Pmsl - I think I read somewhere on here that it’s not a good thing to jump out for a leak.

So I’ve taken that on board and stolen “her” 2 litre Lenor almost empty bottle.

*Disclaimer
Other fabric conditioners are available.

dambuster:
So I’ve taken that on board and stolen “her” 2 litre Lenor almost empty bottle.

See, now you’re just bragging. We get it, the Lenor bottles got a wide neck. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Just the one bottle? Do Lenor know you’re using 1 truck to transport 1 bottle? or is it OK as it’s a back load?

I do my checks whilst the digi head is sorting out and recording the manual entry I have just put into it …
(15 minutes added on from previous shift as time spent between truck and office debrief, and time started til time I actualy bothered my self to wander out to the truck)
:laughing: