volvofh

can anyone tell me where the cable from the aerial mount on the passenger side of the roof on the fh goes to,i cant find it anywhere

I’m sure it can be found behind the blank panel above the tacho there is plenty slack if you are fitting a CB ,there is an adaptor for the aerial you can buy from any CB shop so that you can fit the CB aerial on. I used to do this on the Volvo fm’s I had hope this helps

ah now,when you say blank panel above tacho,i have a storage box above mine,the tacho is above me and a switch panel next to it

bobbert_bear:
can anyone tell me where the cable from the aerial mount on the passenger side of the roof on the fh goes to,i cant find it anywhere

sometimes if you take the two blind caps out for the LHD tacho mounting the cable is taped onto that holder.
Otherwise unscrew that box and pull it out if the cable is not there you can find it in the whole where the other cables come through (a little pain in the backside) the original Volvo CB areal from the Volvo Stealer does a mean job and is standard proper set up (no need to trim)

al have a look wen am back at work then,having ma 45 off just now,cheers

Our FH’s have the CB aerial/coax run to below the radio…? You prob have a little storage compartment there just now? Just pop that out and have a look for the blakc cable? Also if you have a look belw that where your bottle holder is look right at the back and its usually fed from the back of the dash, under and in behind the radio.

Dont know about the newer Volvo’s now, but on the older ones It used to be behind the panel that has the reverse alarm and illuminated headboard switches on it next to the tacho head. Pop the switches and the blanks out, pop the panel out and thats where ariel coax should be. We used put a dropper into the cupboard and run it off the light by the sun visor, wedge cb into where the panel was.

found the cable behind the switch panel beside the tacho,no plug on it tho,so need to get a 12v soldering iron to put 1 on it.