tv question

One for those of you that have the ariel up on the cab roof. how do you get the cable into the truck from the roof?

i get 500 miles of cable plug it into the booster at home :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

joedwyer1:
One for those of you that have the ariel up on the cab roof. how do you get the cable into the truck from the roof?

What Waggon are you fitting it too.

a 97 vintage volvo fh. do people just drill the back of the cab? im a bit wary of that to be honest but if its got to be done :smiley:

Do you have to leave it connected? I have a digital aerial on the back of my cab, but just take the lead off when not in use. I just close the door on it.
If you do drill a hole, I’d put a decent fit grommet in it as you wouldn’t want it being cut through on the cab or letting water through…

joedwyer1:
a 97 vintage volvo fh. do people just drill the back of the cab? im a bit wary of that to be honest but if its got to be done :smiley:

That’ll be a Ver1 then, I had mine on a Ver2.
You might have a better idea, but this is how I did mine.
I used an Alloy extending pole off a Caravan Awning bolted to the fairing mount at the bottom & cable tied at the top, fastened the Aerial to the top bit so I could extend it over the top of the roof spoiler. Run the cable down the pole, under the cab & open the Passenger side locker, now on the Ver2 there is a rubber grommet on the right side of it I just pierced that & ran the cable into the cab that way.
Don’t forget to leave a loop in the Co-ax at the top so you can extend the Aerial.