URGENT PLEA FOR MISSING DRIVER/TRUCK - Nigel Whybourne

Witham Brothers Limited have issued an appeal regarding one of their very reliable drivers who has been missing since Wednesday morning.

The last contact that the company know he made was to his consignee at 10.00am on Wednesday morning. Witham Bros. have not been able to make contact with him since then. They have covered all other avenues, ie police & Consulate.

The vehicle is a Volvo FH12 drawbar registration B19 WBR, blue & white livery with the name of the company on the front of the cab and along the side of the trailer along with the phone number 0800 7838252.

The last know position was around Montpillier and the route he should have been on is to Cannes/Nice.

The company are desperate for any news regarding either the driver,
truck or both. If you have any information please contact the
following

Colin Witham 07768 711715, Ian Witham 07768 700714 or Tony Witham 07768 711716

I hope they find this driver safe and well what with all the attacks on drivers especially around the marseille area…and cannes nice…maybe they can telephone the police in that area to see if there is a truck parked up with the description etc…i wish them well and the driver a safe recovery…
regards trucky (bob)

I wonder if contacting the Peage operators through Caplis would give some idea of last peage to be used, or even from a fuel card. The peage would register the last toll to be paid and would maybe give a smaller area to start looking.

No contact from Wednesday till now is a little worrying although there was a holiday on Thursday :frowning:

Yes malc i agree…hopefully his company will be exploring all the options open to them…with time on my hands i would be willing to go down there myself for the search…but with limited funds i would have to be paid expenses…but i am sure his company would be prepared to do this themselves…if its a small company then getting this truck back is very important to them as well as getting the driver back in one piece…let alone the insurance claim for the remainder of the goods lost…we will wait in anticipation in the hope everything turns out well…
trucky

If he was paying cash at the Peages Malc there wouldn’t be a record.

Another worrying thing is that on other occasions when this has happened the driver has sometimes turned up in police custody a few days later because they say something was found in his load, and this guy was coming from Spain.

Others may not be involved, nobody would bat an eyelid at a truck parked up with the curtains shut. I hope he gets home safely any idea how old he is?

If he was paying cash at the Peages Malc there wouldn’t be a record.

Correct but anyone carrying £1000 plus in cash is making it easier to become a target of these people who like to relieve drivers of their property :frowning:

If it is the other scenario, then I am sure the consulate will soon verify his existance, on Monday when the office opens.

They can also track mobiles to within a few metres now. look at Soham

Is there any news yet?

Seem to remember this happening with John Vassey in Pepignon (spellin not my strong point). He whent missing for a while and it turned out he had been arrested with a substance in hidden in his load (unknown to him). This could be the case. From what i remember it took a while before he could contact anyone to inform them and the police were very unwilling to release any info when asked if they had had seen him.
Lets just hope this driver turns up safe and well.

Let’s hope so.

Very similiar to the John Vasey incident actually.
It took the French police days to admit to having him.
I sincerely hope that this is not the case this time around.

any news on his whereabouts yet??

It appears to be good news. I received an email yesterday stating that the panic was over and the driver had been located. No more information was given so I can only assume that he was found safe and well.

Thank God for that! :laughing:

Certainly a relief…let’s hope the problem was easily resolved. :grimacing:

I wonder would it be too much for someone to come back and tell us what happened ■■? or is it too embarrassing ■■?

That is up to the driver and his company to decide if they want it made public and until they do nothing more can really be said on the subject at the moment in a public forum.

I had a call from the drivers company earlier this week informing me they had been informed their driver had been held with “subtance” hidden in his groupage.
Everything is being done for the driver by his company to try for his release etc. Apparently customs seem to believe the driver is innocent but the prosecutor is not happy. How many times have we heard that before.
I will keep everyone informed of what is happeneing
Danneke

I can only assume from Danneke’s post that the company have now decided it is happy for the events to be public so now you know. It wasn’t strictly a groupage load and there is more to it than that.

Two conflicting stories there■■? Eithe rhe has been found ok or he is under arrest■■?