Tyres Needed.

My new truck needs new front (Steer) Axle tyres, but they are a standard US size, not used in this country 285/75R/24.5
Does anbody know where I might get some in this country, as they will take for ever to import and cost a fortune!

try www.cheaptyres4u.co.uk don’t know if they do that size but they have a lot of choice.

my sister in law owns her own tyre firm and she will find out tomorrow and how much unless you want to contact her direct

:frowning: Thanks Patrick, unfortunately it comes up with no results :cry:

Silver_Surfer:
try www.cheaptyres4u.co.uk don’t know if they do that size but they have a lot of ch:cry:oice.

:frowning: Thanks Patrick, unfortunately it comes up with no results :cry:oice.
[/quote]

neil46:
my sister in law owns her own tyre firm and she will find out tomorrow and how much unless you want to contact her direct

Thanks Neil, that would be great. I’ll wait to hear from you.

tramper you have a PM

is the stud pattern on the wheels the same as the UK?
Might be easier just to swap them for UK spec rims? From what i’ve seen second hand rims are easy enought to get hold of, so long as you’re prepared to collect.

Theres an American sid eto Trucknet im sure if you go and ask them one of them will be happy to help you get them sent over here at a reasonable cost.

dennisw1:
is the stud pattern on the wheels the same as the UK?
Might be easier just to swap them for UK spec rims?

:cry: Unfortunately, the American hubs for the 24.5 wheels are a different PCD than for 22.5 wheels. There is an option to change the front axle for one from a DAF 2800, but thats a bit drastic (at the moment!)