trunking

i decided it wasnt for me. today however, might have changed my mind. i have found something good about trunking. none of this

20 pallets in sunderland

Hi mate…did they expect you to pull 20 pallets up the ramp? lol cant beat a bit of excercise :smiley:

That’s why I do trunking …
Pipe and slippers work :laughing:

I ■■■■ well know for a fact I wouldn’t be moving 20 pallets up that ramp …
:laughing:

Big Nige:
Hi mate…did they expect you to pull 20 pallets up the ramp? lol cant beat a bit of excercise :smiley:

not that bad mate. off the tail lift (lets face it, they arent jet powered) and into the shop that i am parked next to. the biggest problem is the downhill slope inside. its a normal shop floor. you know what they are like when they get wet :open_mouth:
the trick is to get it on the slope and gently drop the pallet until its skimming the floor. when it gets to the bottom, the back of the pallet will slow it down with friction as the front levels off :wink:
the first time i did this one i arrived during opening hours. no one told me to turn round and reverse up the side of the shop. i parked to the left of that ramp in the pic and had great fun getting back out round all the parked cars. i ended up tucking the back end down the right hand side. yellow lines everywhere and no parking enforcement :unamused:

W w w w w what !

You took items off the back of the truck yourself :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I need a lie down :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

paul@midway:
W w w w w what !

You took items off the back of the truck yourself :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Call out the Union, a driver is doing a unloader out of a job. Shame on you Scanny !!!

the pallet looked afully light to me was there anything in the boxes :laughing: should try our crowds the tailift drops 2 inches when the front wheels of the pallet truck hits the tailift :cry:

scanny77:
i decided it wasnt for me. today however, might have changed my mind. i have found something good about trunking. none of this

20 pallets in sunderland

Did you knock over that bollard!!! :laughing:

i had a similiar problem yesterday. put 2 cages on the tail lift and it tilted down. putting the 3rd on was a bit hairy and it wouldnt lift all the way up. with nothing on it stopped between 1 and 2 inches lower than the trailer floor, with empties on, 3 inches. i could only pick up 6 folded cages instead of 9 per lift :imp:
then i spotted the hydraulic oil leak which probably explained its lack of enthusiasm :laughing:

youve got tailifts that can lift 6 cages (empty) :exclamation: :laughing: think a craze is starting at our place 4 drivers suspended in one day we re all trying to get on that rota now if not another job :laughing:

scania245:
4 drivers suspended in one day we re all trying to get on that rota now if not another job :laughing:

What did they get suspended for?

sweet F. A.

is tescos to the right of that slope it looks very familar :angry: :slight_smile:

no tesco there. its near the police station

I occasionally deliver to this area ( during the day )…I dont like it at all , with cars and vans dotted about , making getting in and out a bit awkward.

Apart from the immediate Town Centre , I dont mind Sunderland.

thats why we get in at 0630. in and out before all the muppets clog the area up. im back in there tomorrow. 1 drop so im guessing 20 pallets again. the ironic thing is that a lot of the full timers complain about early starts. fair enough, some people dont like getting up on a friday night when everyone else is coming home from the pub. on the other hand, starting at 6 or 7 in the morning means you have at least 2 runs. i had 3 trailer loads one day. give me an early start with 1 shop any day :sunglasses:

scanny77:
thats why we get in at 0630. in and out before all the muppets clog the area up. im back in there tomorrow. 1 drop so im guessing 20 pallets again. the ironic thing is that a lot of the full timers complain about early starts. fair enough, some people dont like getting up on a friday night when everyone else is coming home from the pub. on the other hand, starting at 6 or 7 in the morning means you have at least 2 runs. i had 3 trailer loads one day. give me an early start with 1 shop any day :sunglasses:

the early starts i get but still seem to end up with two trailers and multiple drops or the otheir company favorite start you at 0300 and let you stand for 3 hours then give you depot unloading work all day ie your shifts been given away again :laughing: nepotism is alive and well (actively seeking otheir employment at the moment ) tankers for the winter again (never say never) :laughing:

i cant fault the management. i go in, trailer is ready, i get my keys and checksheet, hook up, do my checks, hand the sheet in and collect my paperwork. unless their is a defect i am normally leaving the gatehouse half an hour after i start.
coming back in is just as efficient. fuel up, drop the trailer, park the unit, paperwork handed in, tacho scanned, off you go. unless something goes pear shaped, this is the norm :sunglasses: