Trucks i've drove in my career.

Not sure if anyone would be interested but i thought i would post a few photo’s of the various trucks i’ve driven,
First up is a MAN F90 i started with at Brs Birmingham on the Ford contract.I started here on the agency,it was a good start as the motor used to fly as the night man used to have a mess (if you know what i mean!)

I also had an Actros and i thought at that time it was the bee’s knee’s,

I occasionly used to do overtime of a weekend at Goodyears in Wolverhampton just running either upto Marchington in staffs or to Coventry.The trucks were absolute crap,always filthy and the job wasn’t to clean either.Still when you’re after experience you have to take the rough with the smooth i suppose,

Then i left to take a full time job at Birds in Oldbury starting off on a rigid

and then moving onto the artic’s delivering mainly to the Ford factories at Dagenham and Brigend

I then went back to Keltruck on the spanners and lasted 3 months as the lure of the open road came back to me.
I went on for Blakes chilled distruibution at Alcester on temp controlled work all around the country.Really enjoyed working for this company as the craic was fantastic.The only job i’ve had where i’ve been falling about laughing as soon as i came in ,sometimes at 0230.We used to have allocated trucks here but very rarely got to drive it,the only time i got to see it was when it wanted cleaning!
Seriously though i will always be indebted to this company as they stood by me after i had a serious road accident(partly my fault) as i could have had the boot.Here comes a few photo’s of the trucks we had,

Waiting to load at Warrington

I also started doing European work for Blakes,first on holiday relief and then i got my own truck.It was mainly doing Belgium,holland,Germany and the majority of our work was to Denmark which i thought was a beautiful country to drive in,and the people very nice.I will just show one as i will do a separate post of my European excursions.

I then went on for Goodways at their Birmingham depot,another good job as after 12 months i got my own truck and trailer and got put on contract to CP ships working out of Liverpool,Isle of Grain and Tilbury.
It was cracking as you went from one end of the country to the next.
First i had a “n” reg Scania 113 which i cleaned up and it was a real joy to drive,

This was took at Denham loading personal effects for the USA.,then i got my 4 series and my own trailer

this was took at Portsmouth quay one summer evening waiting for the bannana boat to come in to put the box on for the West Indies,and this was took at a steel firm in Sailsbury,the first flat rack i ever delivered
Then iwas away on CP ships,this was took at WBB Minerals at Newton Abbot loading at 7pm at night.I had ran empty from the Isle of Grain to pick the load up and the chap loaded me just before he went home.He then allowed me to park in the yard and let me use their social club which was great as it meant a good cheap meal and a pint,lovely!

This one was taken at Newport Pagnell on my way to the Grain after loading Cadbury creme eggs in Wolverhampton for Canada

I then went on for Eddie Stobart,the photo’s which i have already posted,and also Fullers.
I am now on for Midland Container Services in Perry Barr and drive a Volvo FH12 Globetrotter on container work.I have only been here 2 weeks and everthing is going very well.If anyone is interested(if i haven’t bored you enough!) i could do a diary.Anyway look out for my European photo’s and i will sign off witha photo of my current stead

Good pics there :smiley:

We now have some of Blakes trailers now but they
don,t look as good as that…
As for your new motor it looks really well
Good Job :sunglasses:

Nice selection, thanks for posting them.

Very Good Pics :smiley:

the first truck i ever drove was ts3 maxi commer.
way before their time.
16 tonners.
i used to put 18 ton on and it went uphill no prob.
1973 approx.

this is the last i drove on a permanent basis.
i am still driving on occasions.