Trucking

i just opened and see that MAN will replace doublefloortrailers with bringing the goverment to change Law that Lorry can pull 2 Trailers,as often go two or more Vehicle the same Way,as seen on Motorway.
Lovly MAN
how will i do by Motorwayclosure at first Miniroundabout,and after than the single carrigeway around the Bends the Trees along?first
secound:When you see Target on M1 Northbound at Milton Keyne may one go the M6 afterthan?
or May not?
there are not that many straight Roads as in Australia or Scandinavia.
Or is it just as Germany works since Years to reduce the Maximum speed of Lorries to 50mph with disalowens of overtaking,and some Countries don’t care enough what People in Berlin would like?
Eh?

As most 2nd trailers are drawbars and therefore follow pretty closely, and as any change in the law is unlikely to allow full length trailers, it shouldn’t be a problem between towns.
However town centre drops could present a bit of a laugh :laughing:

Salut, David.

:confused:
May result in a speedrestriction as well as long ago started the talk with no overtaking on M42,when i remember right,which will be extended to all motorway’s and A Roads,as it’s too dificult to do it,seen from Politician,and then for all lorries

I often see Funfair trucks with a couple of trailers on them,driving into town centres and parks without much problem but they do go a lot slower than other trucks.doesn’t Holland allow multi trailer combinations on certain routes?
And I’m sure that I’ve seen French trucks pulling a couple of short trailers behind them.don’t know if they have any restrictions on them though.I’m sure someone will be able to tell us if they have.
Stan Robinson and Denby transport are both trying to get permission to use Road Trains on UK roads for testing to see if they can be profitably used but it may take some time before they are asle to do it.

denby quote this on their website

Increased flexibility for city/town deliveries

Now if anyone can tell me how this thing will make City/town deliveries more flexible please expalin it to me some of the towns/cities in the Uk struggle to get a 7.5 tonner up the strets never mind this monster.

Quite simply the lorrys unload at points outside the towns&citys and the goods are transferred into smaller vehicles which will deliver the goods,
this will in therory help reduce conngestion and pollution ,the modern
town&city delivery utensil will end up being a vehicle which is propelled by a non-or reduced pollution engine as the levels of pollution inthe towns &citys rises:AND we will see fixed delivery times for certain areas
in badly congested areas,

Doesn’t works as i say.
target for exemble has like citylink and other some HUB’s and Depot’s
If a depot is ig enough to have more Lorries to Hub running then goes each one to a other Time.
How will you do that?
Secound Trailer on Rubberband?
How will you manage by closure to go with two Trailers around Mini-Roundabouts?
around Bend’s on A Roads?
Next
Check it out yourself
If you have 30000kg total weight will you need less Fuel then with 35000kg
If you go with 40000kg would you need much more higher Fuelconsum rising in % from 35000kg then from 30000 to 35000kg
You also have a rising in % fuelconsum by 44000kg against 40000kg
That’s why Einginebuilder get’s Power from always smaller Engines.
Means,if you will go with two Trailers till 50000kg or 56000kg you will need more Fuel

brit pete:
Quite simply the lorrys unload at points outside the towns&citys and the goods are transferred into smaller vehicles which will deliver the goods,
this will in therory help reduce conngestion and pollution ,the modern
town&city delivery utensil will end up being a vehicle which is propelled by a non-or reduced pollution engine as the levels of pollution inthe towns &citys rises:AND we will see fixed delivery times for certain areas
in badly congested areas,

the goods are transferred into smaller vehicles

this will in theory help reduce congestion

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
So taking one lorry out of the city & replacing it with several smaller vehicles REDUCES congestion…thats some theory.
This will also dramatically increase costs as each City & town will need a fleet of delivery vehicles, a large crew of delivery drivers & some very large hubs on their boundaries.

DAXI WE have this all ready over here with UPS, TNT; TRANS-O-FLEX
DACHSER: and there like trans shipping it out on to smaller vehicles and these are 9times out of 10 sub-contractors, doing the job at cut price rates and 30-45 customers per day, the people then belive due to
the reduced no.s of the larger commerical vehicle on the road this is a better solution ,also over here they are begining to use more and more
pollution free engines in their delivery vehicles which are also being
subsidised with road-tax saveings and cheaper fuels as well,

jammymutt:

Now if anyone can tell me how this thing will make City/town deliveries more flexible please expalin it to me some of the towns/cities in the Uk struggle to get a 7.5 tonner up the strets never mind this monster.

Denby was on 6 o’clock news tonight talking about this… Anyone who has done supermarkets and stores knows how difficult getting through some towns and up service roads with a 40 ftr can be especially when idiots park illegally… This thing was a monster :open_mouth: . Very efficient i would imagine, but in towns I’m guessing it would be a nightmare. I guess this is the way forward and if town roads are upgraded to cope with the extra length would be a good thing. Having seen the standard of some drivers reversing with 1 trailer, anyone know whether another test would have to be done as 2 trailers would be being towed? go to [/url] denbytransport.co.uk to see a pic of it…

jammymutt:

Now if anyone can tell me how this thing will make City/town deliveries more flexible please explain it to me some of the towns/cities in the Uk struggle to get a 7.5 tonner up the streets never mind this monster.

Thats easy Jammymutt :laughing: :laughing: . A single trailer has only one pivot point, the kingpin. A two trailer rig will have three pivot points, the kingpin, the bogeys hitch and the second trailers kingpin. 1 trailer 1 pivot, 2 trailers 3 pivots, so it is clearly more flexible :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: .

Oh :blush: , you didn’t mean that type of flexible :unamused: :unamused: .
I’ve got no idea what Denby have in mind :frowning: :frowning: .

obviously when they start they will run on restricted routes…Gefco had some at Nanterre cant remember what they did cos they were down on the national bays and i was sleeping on the international ones