Truckerash

Just wanted to know if there is any up date on Truckerash and his book on the Asia/Astrans history :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Haven’t seen him post for a bit.Let’s hope it’s 'cos he’s got his head down working on the book!

On the same subject, How are you doing with your book Ian, you’ve told so many stories and put stacks of pictures on here, your book should be almost complete now :question: :question: :question:

bigbird201:
Just wanted to know if there is any up date on Truckerash and his book on the Asia/Astrans history :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Hi: Yes I’m still around, but haven’t been up-dated lately :confused:
As far as the book goes: I have been beavering away as they say and can see the headlights at the end of the tunnel…just about.
I still have a bit to do though and as yet have no specific publishing date. I do have a publisher, but whether this is a good thing or not, he has not imposed a deadline and has asked that I get material to him in my own time. That gives me a bit more flexibility and takes the pressure off.
As time is progressing, I’m actually finding more information and more people so I’m trying to fit the new info around the stuff I’ve done already.

I started the project a little over a year ago (April 2008) and thought I would be done by now :laughing: Then as time has gone on, it’s become very clear just what a phenoninal company it really was, so I’ve delved further and deeper into the research and that’s why it’s taking so long.

Not 100% sure whether the book will be soft back (laminated card) or hard back. I’m hoping it’s the latter but it depends on production costs and will find out when everything’s ready for print.
It will probably be A4 size and have around 200-250 pages or so. There will be approx 250-300 photos and be a good mix of b/w and colour. Cost will be £20-25.

I intend to do a more detailed account of exactly what the book will hold when it’s ready for release. I’ll put some photos and writing up so everyone can get a flavour of it.
But in the meantime, here’s a pic of one of the early Scania 110’s on route in Eastern Turkey. c1970.

Thanks Truckerash greatfull for the update and keep up the good work, look forward to ordering my copy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That 110 looks familiar Ash :question:
Jerry

truckerash:

bigbird201:

Hi: Yes I’m still around, but haven’t been up-dated lately :confused:
As far as the book goes: I have been beavering away as they say and can see the headlights at the end of the tunnel…just about.
I still have a bit to do though and as yet have no specific publishing date. I do have a publisher, but whether this is a good thing or not, he has not imposed a deadline and has asked that I get material to him in my own time. That gives me a bit more flexibility and takes the pressure off.
As time is progressing, I’m actually finding more information and more people so I’m trying to fit the new info around the stuff I’ve done already.

I started the project a little over a year ago (April 2008) and thought I would be done by now :laughing: Then as time has gone on, it’s become very clear just what a phenoninal company it really was, so I’ve delved further and deeper into the research and that’s why it’s taking so long.

Not 100% sure whether the book will be soft back (laminated card) or hard back. I’m hoping it’s the latter but it depends on production costs and will find out when everything’s ready for print.
It will probably be A4 size and have around 200-250 pages or so. There will be approx 250-300 photos and be a good mix of b/w and colour. Cost will be £20-25.

I intend to do a more detailed account of exactly what the book will hold when it’s ready for release. I’ll put some photos and writing up so everyone can get a flavour of it.
But in the meantime, here’s a pic of one of the early Scania 110’s on route in Eastern Turkey. c1970.