Trucker Timer App

Thanks, I’ll get him to check.

Reviews on this seem to have tanked of late. Is anyone still using it, or is there a more current app?

Yep. I have continuous driving records back to 2016…

Just downloaded TruckerTimer onto my android phone and it looks the biz. I’m on a weekly rest period at the moment so not had a chance to try it out in anger. Any one else on here used it? I’ll report back in a few weeks when it’s got some miles under its belt - so to speak.

Anyone know if there is an iPhone equivalent. Been looking but can’t find any

thanks, been looking for an android app to store up all that information

I bought that App on Monday and I’m really pleased with it so far.

W

Been useing the app on my htc for a while now and must say its fantastic, easy to use and you can adjust the logs etc to suit how long you want to store the info…have emailed them today to ask if they have any plans to add a daily shift, speadover counter on as it seems to be the only thing its missing.
all in all a great app and would highly recomend. :smiley: :smiley:

Been using it for a couple of weeks now and so far I’m impressed. It’s very easy to use, Just a couple of niggles - 1: it tells me I have had a reduced daily rest at 11 hours 5 mins duration, and 2: why do I need to tell it what type of rest break I am taking (short break, daily or weekly)? Otherwise a fabulously useful bit of software especially if you’re mixing analogue and digi driving… Will be interested to see if it copes with split breaks though.

Hi all, I’m the author of TruckerTimer.

Thanks for the positive comments here. It’s a free time side project of mine, and as I’m not a professional driver myself all suggestions and feedback is very welcome.

@oakeedokee
If you are having trouble getting your daily break to register correctly it may be because you aren’t completing the full 11 hour rest within 24 hours of the completion of your previous rest (or whenever you started logging). If you are doing this and it’s still wrong, please use the “About” function in the app to get my email address and I’d be very happy to look at the issue for you.

You are right that in the normal course of affairs the app could determine whether a break was short, daily or weekly on its own. There are a few corner cases where it’s actually a bit harder though, mainly when the driver has made a violation and needs to get back on track, and I had to account for these in the design. It’s also useful for some alerts to know at the start of the break whether it will be daily/weekly/short, rather than waiting until enough time has passed to determine this automatically.

Yes, the app will recognise a split break – both the 15/30 minute split and the 3 hour split for daily rests.

Thanks again,

Luke.

Hi Luke,

I really like your App, I was going to email you some feedback but considering you have stuck your neck out on TNUK I’ll post my feedback here.

1. The grey colour on the negative side of the countdown bars makes the text inside it hard to read.

2. The text (as above) is a bit on the small side. No idea how you will change that though?

3. Would you be able to do a GPS version that could tell if you are actually driving and change mode automatically? That would be cool.

I hope I don’t get told off for advertising but your App is the best £2 I’ve ever spent on a truck. Keep up the good work!

W

Ah sorry Itmon,

Got another snag. The timer expects you to have a thirty minute break after six hours under the WTD.

There are pages of posts on TNUK that have proved that the minimum break required is fifteen minutes.

I know the WTD part of your timer is still under development so I hope this info is useful to you.

Thanks again for a great App,

W

Any plans for a port to Symbian?

And to the iphone

Hi again:

I would love to port the application to iPhone/Blackberry/Windows/whatever but realistically I’m probably not going to get around to this any time soon. It’s a serious amount of effort to do so, and as I said this is a free time project which takes quite a lot of time for just the one platform. If anyone has, or knows someone with, coding ability who wants to give this a serious go I would be only too happy to share code and ideas to help out.

@Alex

1 and 2: There’s a few bits of user interface that I’m still not happy with, and I have some work in progress to improve that. I’ll certainly take your suggestions into account in this.

1. GPS integration is an often requested feature. I’ll be trying to get around to doing this one, but it has a lot of work involved, so it’s not necessarily going to be done soon.

2. WTD breaks: I’ll look over this again.

Luke.

That’s great Luke,

Good luck with your Development Career!

W

MS do have an application for porting from android to windows phone though I haven’t used it might be worth a look visual studio is fairly easy to loose but you do have to learn c# as opposed to writing in c++ for android and iPhone

ltmon:
@oakeedokee
If you are having trouble getting your daily break to register correctly it may be because you aren’t completing the full 11 hour rest within 24 hours of the completion of your previous rest (or whenever you started logging).

oops yes you’re right, There’s an infringement I hadn’t spotted! :blush: Well done Luke. :smiley:

oakeedokee:

ltmon:
@oakeedokee
If you are having trouble getting your daily break to register correctly it may be because you aren’t completing the full 11 hour rest within 24 hours of the completion of your previous rest (or whenever you started logging).

oops yes you’re right, There’s an infringement I hadn’t spotted! :blush: Well done Luke. :smiley:

And people wonder why the dCPC had to be introduced :unamused:

thanks for your input. We can’t all be perfect. :unamused: