Trucker Timer App

:imp: I’ve noticed the latest update can be intergrated with the GPS so it changes to driving when moving and then to rest when stopped. Surely it would be better if it changed to Other Work rather than Rest?

There’s been another update since then that does allow the app to change to other work instead of rest when you stop.

I’ve been using it for a week now and it seems to work great for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

matt3903:
There’s been another update since then that does allow the app to change to other work instead of rest when you stop.

I’ve been using it for a week now and it seems to work great for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

As far as I am concerned its the Dogs doo dahas. More so if you are still on Anolouge

I have had a few issues with the software. Most notably that it resets the WTD break requirement time when it feels like it, so 5 hours into a duty a few nights back it told me I had 4.5 hrs until my break was due, having previously got down to 1.5 hours remaining.

Then there are the breaks. Can it be setup so that it recognises how may ‘15m’ slots of break time you’ve taken :wink: And for some reason it seemed to want me to stop driving the other day when I had only done 3.5 hours of driving and was insistent that I stop and take a break. Even my WTD had over an hour left to go but it stated I had driven for 3.5 hours and need to take a break now…

Hmm.

Apart from that, I’m still coping. The ‘adjust log’ facility is good when I only remember the software after I’ve been at work for 20 minutes or so whilst waiting to sort out paperwork or something :blush: :blush: But most of the time it does well enough :wink:

I can’t seem to find anywhere else on the web that does support for this package, is this the only place? Or is this the only thread? :unamused: :unamused:

Hi Saratoga,

At the moment support is mainly through my email address (you can find it in the app “About” screen) but I also check this forum regularly.

I’ll make sure to look into the issue you’ve reported above shortly, but I’ve been on holidays for a few weeks and need to catch up on a few other bug reports etc. first.

Cheers,

Luke (author of TruckerTimer)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, I’ll copy this in an email to you too but one of the days last week where it confused me I wrote down the log info and what it said on the screen.

Log:

0200 - Other Work, 29m
0230 - POA, 47m
0317 - Driving, 2h 29m
0547 - Rest, 21m
0609 - Driving, 1h 1m
0710 - Other Work, 40m
0750 - Rest.

Screen Shows:

Driving Remaining: 58m
WTD Remaining: 4h 18m (Should be 10m or 57m, but it wasn’t checked to count POA as rest)
Duty Time: 5h 50m

So I’ve had this thing with the WTD before where it is often hours out. I was sure before I did the ‘other work’ towards the end that it was correct but I don’t know why it did that. I have logs I can email over. Having emailed them to myself they aren’t as a regular CSV file or anything but something that looks like how the logs are represented, which has it’s positive and negative things associated with.

By checking POA as rest, should it allow me to have the above with 57m of duty remaining with POA being outside the WTD 6 hour section?

TIA :wink:

I use the app and its great. The only problem I’ve found is that when I turn on the GPS side of it, it slows my phone down. I got so fed up with it I uninstalled it, but found I couldn’t do without it. I’ve now re-installed it but I don’t use it with GPS. Just got to remember to switch over each time. Still a great App!!

unitrucker:
I use the app and its great. The only problem I’ve found is that when I turn on the GPS side of it, it slows my phone down. I got so fed up with it I uninstalled it, but found I couldn’t do without it. I’ve now re-installed it but I don’t use it with GPS. Just got to remember to switch over each time. Still a great App!!

Ensure you’ve got the latest update, since this kind of problem could occur in a previous version. Otherwise feel free to contact me and I can see if there’s any troubleshooting I can do to help.

Cheers,

Luke (TruckerTimer author).

That’s good to hear Luke.

I’m afraid I gave up with your App because I thought my phone didn’t have enough ‘GO’ in it to make it run properly (an original Galaxy S).

I’ll download it again when I get home.

W

Hi,

I am about half way through making a similar app for iphone.
If anyone would be interested in test driving it for me please PM me here.
(I only posted this as the developer here said they will not be porting their app to iphone anytime soon, if this post is not appropriate then please delete)

Thanks

i been using this app without a problem apart from yesterday i did 4hr 15 min driving so pulled up had a 50 min break that cleared my time no problem
it was later on in the day i had a 17 min break then a 35 min break and it did not wipe my time and it also said i had ran out ouf daily driving time even though i still had 1 ten hr drive left and had only had 2 reduces :confused:
all in all its great was just yesterday it seemed to go mental :slight_smile:

cliffton 27:
i been using this app without a problem apart from yesterday i did 4hr 15 min driving so pulled up had a 50 min break that cleared my time no problem
it was later on in the day i had a 17 min break then a 35 min break and it did not wipe my time and it also said i had ran out ouf daily driving time even though i still had 1 ten hr drive left and had only had 2 reduces :confused:
all in all its great was just yesterday it seemed to go mental :slight_smile:

Hi Clifton,

If you are able to send me your logs from within the app, or just type out the problematic day into an email or PM, I’ll have a look and let you know what went wrong.

Cheers,

Luke (TruckerTImer author).

Deefer:
Hi,

(I only posted this as the developer here said they will not be porting their app to iphone anytime soon, if this post is not appropriate then please delete)

Thanks

I have sent you a PM

Deefer:
Hi,

Thanks

I have PM’d you also Deefer

Hi,

Been using this app for two months now without a major hitch, but it got a bit confused about my daily rest so thought I’d put it up for the Dev to investigate…

Start work 15:45 til 02:55 following morning

Had 9 hours & 2 minutes reduced daily rest, on duty again at 11:58 a.m. and it’s come up as a Split Daily Rest… Shouldn’t it be a good old fashioned “Reduced Daily Rest”?

Just got that so will have a play tommorrow :smiley:
At home now and it’s on rest but will it register drive whilst i travel to work in my car or will it wait till i put it onto work for the 15 minute vehicle check.

Hi All,

I am author of TTGuard - Trucker Time Guard app for iOS devices that just got approved by Apple yesterday. You can find it here http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ttguard-trucker-time-guard/id511135392?mt=8.

We are happy to give away a number of copies to users who would be happy to use it (send me PM). This is our first release of the app so feedback/suggestions would be really welcome to us.

Thanks,

Andrzej

£10?

Ha ha, iPhone users get shafted again

But seriously, I’d pay more than the £2 I paid for TruckerTimer on Android

aczarkowski:
Hi All,

I am author of TTGuard - Trucker Time Guard app for iOS devices that just got approved by Apple yesterday. You can find it here http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ttguard-trucker-time-guard/id511135392?mt=8.

We are happy to give away a number of copies to users who would be happy to use it (send me PM). This is our first release of the app so feedback/suggestions would be really welcome to us.

Thanks,

Andrzej

As an iPhone user and really wanting a timing app made for driving use I went and got this one. It seems pretty good, simple to use. I like that when you start your day and press driving it asks you 9 or 10 hours drive and starts the countdown. You seem to be able to see current driving time, weekly etc, it seems quite a nice app. Warnings for approaching break requirements, end of driving and also WTD warnings for breaks

Its only in landscape mode with I feel needs addressing, but its a tenner for a drivers timer which does appear to be the real deal. Look forward to using it in anger.