Truck or lorry driver

just read my signature :smiling_imp:

Hmm. Difficult Question.
Well, seeing as a I drive as Twingo, :blush: and they hadn’t ought to be classed as Truck or Lorry, I think I’ll pass on this one. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But… when I get a proper motor, I’ll be a Lorry driver - seeing how I’m an old git.

When referring to vehicles, I usually say ‘wagon’, to the consternation of Craigs wife the other day who, by the way, speaks better English than most of us on here :slight_smile: .

But I have always called myself ‘transport driver’, as I always think of lorries and trucks as being smaller and more local. I had a heated discussion with the woman in the registry office after the birth of my firstborn who wanted to insist on lorry, not transport, driver under ‘father’s occupation’. I won :smiley: . In the old days, come to think of it we used to use the expression ‘long distance lorry driver’ a lot. As in ‘British Long Distance Green Overalls’ for instance, which many of us wore :sunglasses: .

Always in France it is ‘Chauffeur Routier’, universally understood.

Incidentally does anyone know that the word ‘chauffeur’ means ‘heater’? As in the man who heats up the boiler in the morning to get up steam. Not many people know that :unamused: .

Salut, David.

now ive gone self employed i can tell people im a director of my own company.

IF PEOPLE ask what is my means of earning a wage, I reply that I am

involved in ""INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS as a prime mover,

MY answer to my boss is nahverhkers kutscher, this means

local journeys driver,at this point my boss gets the HUMP as we go

from FINNLAND-- THROUGH --TO SPAIN–GB etc,

sorry have to go back to school my interpreter has corrected some of my
mistakes in the german spelling,

brit pete:

MY answer to my boss is nahe verhkers kßtcher, this means

As opposed to Fern Verkehr

I cant do umlauts mit mein PC

If your not careful, I might have to find a translator program :wink:. Lib.

a steeringwheel attendant :laughing: :laughing:

A EUROPEAN TRUCK DRIVER WITHOUT PORTFOLIO! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

brit pete:

MY answer to my boss is nahe verhkers kßtcher, this means

As opposed to Fern Verkehr

I cant do umlauts mit mein PC

ß Ü ä ß

Easy!

trucker

n : someone who drives a truck as an occupation [syn: teamster, truck driver]

that will do me :smiley:

i refer to myself as a “Yorkie-eatin’ Muthatrucker” (even though i don’t actually eat that much chocolate :confused: , and besides, “Turkey salad roll-eatin’ Muthatrucker” just doesn’t have the same “ring” to it… :wink: )

i also refer to other drivers as “Brothertruckers” (but not ofensive, like 0#o)

I am a driver.

I drive 7.5 tonners so i am a wagon driver.

I drive vans so i am a van driver.

I rope and sheet,So i am a fool.

But yes.I am a driver

I’ve got a sheet with mine, for when it rains, it’s a big one piece thing with built in ropes though…so it ain’t too bad.

Folding it up is the worst bit.

one thing i can’t stand being called is “drive” as in alright drive, i don’t call you secure do i numpty boy, or warehouse monkey (well actually i do)

May I ask what we warehouse monkeys are supposed to call you all then? 'Coz “OI MUSH” tends to offend :smiley: :wink:

trucker is the what i call myself :laughing:

My job title is Truckie, but I call the truck I drive a lorry, it really annoys some of the people I work with. More reason to do it :laughing:
Their argument is that as I’m a Truckie therefore I am driving a truck.
My argument is that Eskimo’s have many words for snow, So I can have many words for the vehicle I drive, :smiley:

spud-gun:

one thing i can’t stand being called is “drive” as in alright drive, i don’t call you secure do i numpty boy, or warehouse monkey (well actually i do)

May I ask what we warehouse monkeys are supposed to call you all then? 'Coz “OI MUSH” tends to offend :smiley: :wink:

God, someone is being very brave or very stupid actually admitting they have the brain cells of a dead amoeba :smiley:

As someone who did her time as a “warehouse monkey” before getting a wagon licence, I take offence at that last comment…I have the single brain cell of a live amoeba, thankyou very much! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lucy:
As someone who did her time as a “warehouse monkey” before getting a wagon licence, I take offence at that last comment…I have the single brain cell of a live amoeba, thankyou very much! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A-ha!! so it’s you that has the brain cell, would you pass it on 'coz we’re all supposed to have a turn :grimacing:

Sorry…I forgot to surrender it when I moved onto wagons…in fact I think I last saw it kicking around under the bunk along with my “Forklift Health and Safety Manual”…if it’s any consolation, it’s been well rested since then!!! :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: